Housing A Terrier?

No matter how tired you are, it takes only a minute or two to check the dog for cuts and scrapes, clean it's feet, dry it off, the dog has put its shift in, why should it go into its kennel wet, when you go in to a cup of tea and a hot bath ? For someone as experienced as Skycat to say they "often" put their dogs to bed wet, is baffling to say the least. I assume she made a mistake. Summer or winter, a wet dog will stil suffer if kennelled after a hard day or nights graft if it isn't dryed off.

Edited by Brigzy
  • Like 3

I can't believe people are still arguing about putting wet dogs in kennels. :blink: As I said before, common sense should tell you not to put a wet dog in a kennel in winter or other cold weather, but in the summer, yes, when it's red hot and the dogs are panting like steam trains, I take mine down to the lakes for a swim, then home again, and they go into their outdoor kennels which are full of straw. They are dry within half an hour and very grateful to be wet and cooled down even if they do dry out fast in the heat again.

In the winter, even after exercise and not real hard work, they never go into a kennel still wet unless it's just their feet that are wet, and then only for half an hour to dry off before coming back in the house. Yeah, my dogs are really neglected :tongue2:

:laugh::laugh:

oops didn't mean start the wet dogs thingo I was tongue in cheak at penny sure she don't need to explain the well being of her dogs I was merely pointing out she bang on about barrels they are shite cretain for winter anyways

allways use wooded boxes wood chip on the floor and paper bedding and a tube heater in when they come back soaked brush them and dry them then heater on for a few hours :thumbs:

yeah I got couple them tube heaters in with them for winter cheap to run and they take the edge off