Got The Daystate Regal

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all of the problems, Regals are nice rifles. I had an Ultra, loved it, that went back to BSA and was replaced, power fluctuations. Since sold. What the point is, and most folk miss it, is that th

I know what you're saying Rez, honest I do, but use the two side by side and there's only one winner. There are lots of guns better than the Regal too, not just the HW. AA S410/ 510, BSA R-10, BSA Ul

Ha. This is f'kin bullshit v'man. For all the bad stories, as I say, there are owners that are completely happy with there own R10's and regals. Those who voice posts are generally complaining that th

Posted Images

Ye am gonna order one tomo or next week a think a rang up today about them and the guy in the shop said you will not go wrong with any of the huggetts he said the belita huggett was good nice and short good price as well but he said the standard was just a little quieter and Maybe would look a little better on the gun but he said the is not much in it for such a price jump. Which a thought was honest of him really

'Distinctly average'? It's a quality set up a regal. Whatever people say about Daystate being wank. It's only the bad stories you get on here. For every there 'shit' story, there's a Daystate and huntsman/regal owner larfffin that there DS is performing, or they are as the case maybe.

Everyone's got 100's. Two a penny, it's a good thing, don't get me wrong, . Does that make you a distinctly average shooter? ;) jokes.

Bad stories are not just on this forum!! ,I had one and its the worst PCP I have ever had and seamaster has had a few as well .

To say " but any pcp over the 650 mark will only be let down by the shooter " I don't think so ,look at the BSA r10 nothing but problems and the regal.

I take it that you don't like the HW100 then Rez :laugh:

Edited by villaman
  • Like 2

Yes but you can look on loads of other forums as well and find loads of problem with the hw100 av read loads drops in power, air leaks loads. and loads with the regal suppose if you go looking you will find problems with every gun even you villaman sent you hw100 back 3 times a read so surppose it's just personal opinion really like a said no probs with this as of yet bolt is lovely grouping are really good and av put a fair few slugs though it today not one problem n it's early doors so am saying so far so good a the min for me anyway.

Edited by carlo5983

Yes but you can look on loads of other forums as well and find loads of problem with the hw100 av read loads drops in power, air leaks loads. and loads with the regal suppose if you go looking you will find problems with every gun even you villaman sent you hw100 back 3 times a read so surppose it's just personal opinion really like a said no probs with this as of yet bolt is lovely grouping are really good and av put a fair few slugs though it today not one problem n it's early doors so am saying so far so good a the min for me anyway.

Yes ,like I said before my 100 went back but they gave me a new one ,Daystate didn't .

I really wanted the regal to work ,I loved every thing about it until the problems started .

I wish Daystate would put a blued barrel on them in stead of the cheap powdered coating shroud

• Like 1

Been looking at them also rim what they like think a May treat me self to one at crimbo lol ???

I assume it will be a used one?not many new ones left in the shops now. As a tool, they're very good and so easy to strip and service. A lot of them have been messed with though as they were so easy to increase the power on. A friend changed the seals on mine and I was amazed that he just stripped it, fitted new seals a put it all back together on the coffee table in front of me while I sat there drinking the cup of tea he had just made me. High shot count and very accurate too. I like 'em but they're never going to look or handle as good as a huntsman that's for sure. I fitted a dr bob quick fill and gauge on mine as well, so that made it more user friendly.

BSA ultras will match any top price gun pellet for pellet .

Had my ultra 4 years in November ,sent it off to XTX AIR for a reg to be fitted and never had to touch it ,I shoot this at least 4 times a week ,never let me down

For all of the problems, Regals are nice rifles. I had an Ultra, loved it, that went back to BSA and was replaced, power fluctuations. Since sold.

What the point is, and most folk miss it, is that the likes of Daystate, BSA and loads of others, even the Germans. Well, they let the damned things out of the factories with faults.

Why we should have to tolerate faulty rifles costing over £600 has me wondering. Where is the quality control?

THATS the argument. Most PCP's will shoot really well, even novice or bad shooters can get good results given the guns and optics available. I had a laugh the other day. A "reviewer", you know those paid hacks, well he reviewed a new PCP. It has the same action as that bloody awful Umarex 850 ( Co2) Well he sang its praises, said it is brilliant. It is one of the cheapest and nastiest actions ever made. It will not index, the "bolt" handle bends and basically is a lot of rubbish. (I used an 850 one summer so know it )

No, argue all you like until its milking time. Quality control is the issue. So called "gunmakers" need some, instead of selling expensive rifles that malfunction. Fact is, no rifle costing anything over these amounts should be faulty.

Carlo, look at a Swift Stumpy, short and quiet. Pellpax do them for £37. It really does work on the Regal, and shortens it by three inches. Use one on mine and love it.

• Like 2

You not wrong there john no rifle should be faulty when paying top dollar and if mine ever was add ask for my money back think there mite be a lot of quality control issues these days. What is your regal like john have you had any problems yet what you think of the regal?

Edited by carlo5983