Awesome Weekend At Ullswater

had an awesome weekend at ullswater last weekend, we arrived around half 7 friday night, quikley set up the camper and grabbed the rod, fishing for 8pm just to try and grab the last hour of light. fished maggot feeder and double red maggot on the hook. first cast nothing for 5 minbs so reeled in and recast to try get a bed of feed out, before the feeder even touched the bottom the tip swung round, and i was straight in to a decent perch of around 10oz. This carried on for about an hour, catching perch between 6oz and 10oz one every cast! Ihardly had time to enjoy my beer! :blink: then around 9 it went quiet, then a differant kind of bite, struck in to a fish which fought differantly aswell? alot splashing on the surface and my first ever wild brown trout graced the net :toast: around 12oz there was 2 good fillets on it so in the bag it went, recast and again a cracking bite and trout no 2 was on the bank, even bigger this time around a pound, i unhooked and posed for photo, when it decided it was camera shy and landed head first back in to the lake! i was balls deep before i admitted defeat and learnt the hard way that i should knock on the head THEN take a photo lol :icon_redface: nevermind it was getting hard to see now so i had one last cast again i got a slightly different bite, a good fish on and in the net came the biggest roach ive caught in years! at least a pound i would guess! and with that i packed up a happy man and feasted on the trout that didnt get away. bloody lovely it was to! stuffed with butter and chopped garlic with salt and pepper and grilled till done, gorgouss :yes:

day 2 windy as feck! tried for an hour first thing and thought feck it. my mate turned up with my boat at around 9 and we set his tent up and told him all about last nights fishing, which made him giddy as a school girl lol we decided that as it blowing a hooley and the fishing had been so goods from the bank the previus night we wouldnt bother launching the boat and went to pooly bridge for a wander around and a few beers :drinks: and a few more beers :drinks: we returned to the camper around 6 and set up the rods again. it was slow to start with but around 7;30 the perch came on the feed again and we must of had 20-30 between us when just as night before it went quiet, "trout time" i said to him just as his rod swung round a nice trout around 14oz trout for tea again! i was in heaven! i managed to lose another good fish which felt like a trout but who knows, i didnt get it close enough for a look :censored: back to the van and sat up all night having the craic playing cards dominos etc and of course :drinks:

i slept in the next morning :whistling: but my mate had been up since the crack of dawn fishing but caught nothing, so we packed up and set of home.

we had a cracking weekend of good food good company and good beer lol cant wait to go back when its a bit less windy and get the boat out, and do some fly fishing and trolling :boogy:

• Like 8

Sounds like a good time was had fished ullswater many times trout perch and small eels 'Have you fished brotherswater ive had some nice trout from there also Thirlmere again trout perch and pike :thumbs: