• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what the f**ck has that got to do with being a judge of a lurcher to be fair he,s keeping lurchers for years and id imagine he,s being asked to judge by the organisers so whats the problem you obvious

Travelled over from Wales for this one, show was very good, welcome was amazing, and the weekend was one to remember

Few of us came over to the show, had a great welcome and a good day at the show, the burger van done a mean 1/2 pounder and cheap too so was well happy, pubs were great but you boys need to start dri

great day out , very hot for the poor dogs , black lurcher won the show , Lakeland won terriers , pointer I think won gundogs and a foxhound . great turnout , lurcher judge as honest and fair as ive ever seen ( don't know name) terrier judge also good (tim Kirby) I think that's his name , place was packed , my terriers got nowt -boooh lol

• Like 1

well he came across to me as a very honest judge , checked dogs thoroughly and picked the best in show , I also saw him at tommy cullens show ( countrymans weekly) in Wicklow and he also did a great job , and got great reviews by all at the show , I even got a third lol

• Like 2

what the f**ck has that got to do with being a judge of a lurcher to be fair he,s keeping lurchers for years and id imagine he,s being asked to judge by the organisers so whats the problem you obviously know him so say to his face rather than slander someone on an open forum very easy thing to do when your hiding behind the name of a tractor FFS he,s a member here goes by thename the cormarant PM him

• Like 5

lol john deere that man is no dog dealer youre thinking of another man from cork I think , hes bred some of the nicest lurchers ive ever came across , thers 2 lurchers up my side that he bred and ther top class bedlington hounds thers also a 7/8 bred dog here that he bred and hes a clinker on the lot , are you sure your just not been called into the ring and its not upsetting you lol

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By appleblossom
      The Northern Ireland Champion of Champion Show
      Another show coming up
      Saturday 7th September 24
      At Laurencetown, Gilford, Co Down
      All Champions who won a Championship on the Island of Ireland in the last 2 years can compete in :
      **Please Note there will be no Racing at this show**
      Showing  For Whippets/Lurchers /Terriers/ Strong Dogs
      After Showing will be The Champion of Champions
      FOR YOUR SAT NAVS : HOLLYMOUNT ROAD LAURENCETOWN CO DOWN BT63 6EN Margaret Mc Stay
    • By appleblossom
      The Mc Grath  Racing Club Dog Show and Race Day, Sunday 25th August 24 in Carlow
      Representing the Great Game Fairs of Ireland  ( By kind permission of Mr AJ Titterington )
      In the beautiful Irish midlands lies the County of Carlow, with its many scenic landscapes, villages and townlands. Ballinabrannagh is one of those traditional rural spots now made famous for the annual Mc Grath Racing Club Dog Show and Race Day.
      It was here in the late summer weather sporting enthusiasts from north and south of the border came to view the challenges of the sporting elite, and to partake in the Country sports events listed on the day.
      This dog show and race day is a great sporting day out for all like minded people before the shades of winter fall down and the work in the field begins. 
      As usual the Canine world was well catered for, with a full programme of showing and  racing, burger van, country sports stands, toilet facilities and a child handling class for the wee people with lots of goodies on the day. Some great wee lads in that class and some craic with them .
      With the now famous 5 Nations showing Championships, the Master Mc Grath  , Mick The Miller finals and the All Ireland showing and Racing Championships all happening at this show by kind permission of The Great Game Fairs of Ireland( Aj Titterington ) in one day, this was an action packed schedule and all went without a hitch.
      As the morning progressed the excitement was building up in the air as the time for the highlight of the year, the Master Mc Grath and Mick the Millar was fast approaching.  
      This show was full of memories for me. As I am old enough, myself and my husband being part of the Canine scene for 25-30 years, we  have seen so many good friends pass away and no longer with us. So my heart was filled with pride and tinged with a little sadness when Ged Donagh announced and sponsored the Ross Rice racing cup. It was lovely to see all Rosses mates there to support Ged and honour and keep the memory of their treasured friend alive. Congratulations to Jamie O Connor and his winning dog for winning this race in Rosses memory
      Going forward with another new attraction from Mc Grath Racing club, was the under 10 racing class. Well you talk about excitement. The field echoed the cheers, clapping, and roars from these young people when their canine friends were running this race. What a great idea and hopefully will be showcased by shows in the future.
      The day kicked off when Fran Kennys dog Rose pipped the post in the Master Mc Grath final followed by Errol Gardiners winning dog Chase winning the Mick the Miller Trophy for 2 consecutive years running. Last 2023 and now in 2024. What an achievement Errol. It was well worth the journey to see the joy on the faces of these two Sporting people.
      Time passes quickly and very soon it was time for the very popular 5 Nations Championships and All Ireland Showing Championship 2024.
      Here are the Showing Results Courtesy of Biddy Mc Grath and Leigh Thompson.
      **Five Nations Champions 2024 **
      Five Nations Champion Whippet
      James Mullen with Max
      Reserve
      Sian Krysten Webb with Loca
      Five Nations Champion Lurcher
      Ged Donagh with Jake
      Reserve
      Ged Donagh with Kev
      Five Nations Champion Terrier
      Kyle Quinn with Star
      Reserve
      Richard O Callaghan with Hunter
      **All Ireland Champion Showing**
      All Ireland Champion Whippet
      Reserve
      Sian Krysten Webb with Tikka
      All Ireland Champion Lurcher
      Ged Donagh with Seamus
      Reserve 
      Fran Kenny with Precious
      All Ireland Champion Terrier
      Kyle Quinn with Star
      Reserve
      Richard O Callaghan with Hunter
      All Ireland Champion Strong Dog
      Ricky B with Juice
      Reserve
      Andy Spence with Snake
      **Overall All Ireland Show Champion
      Reserve
      Ged Donagh with Seamus
      **Pups **
      All Ireland Champion Whippet Pup
      James Mullen with Toby
      All Ireland Champion Lurcher Pup
      Rebecca Saunderson with Susan
      All Ireland Champion Terrier Pup
      Kyle Quinn with Nancy
      All Ireland Champion Strong Dog Pup
      Marty Black with Panda
      ***Overall Champion All Ireland Pup
      Marty Black with Nancy handled by Kyle Quinn
      Reserve
      Marty Black with Panda
      Racing Results From the pen of Biddy Mc Grath
      Master Mc Grath Champion
      Fran Kenny with Rose
      Reserve
      Paul Owens with King
      Mick The Miller Champion
      Errol Gardiner with Chase
      Reserve
      Edward Kane with Ginger
      ALL IRELAND RACING CHAMPIONS AND RESERVE CHAMPION  
      TERRIER CHAMPION 
      Robert with Copper
      Reserve 
      Robert with Tess
      Whippet Champion 
      Willy Carthy with Molly May
      Reserve 
      James Mullen with Junior 
      Under 21 Champion 
      Lynzi Gardner Maill with Venison
      Reserve 
      Lynzi Gardiner Magill with River
      Under 22s Champion 
      Leanne Hawthorne with Casey 
      Reserve 
      Billy Harpur with Dash 
      Under 23 Non Elite 
      MJ with Ruby
      Reserve 
      Thomas with Speedy 
      Under 23s Elite 
      Lynzi Gardiner Magill with lady 
      Reserve
      Lynzi Gardiner Magill with Codi 
      Under 24 Champion 
      Lynzi Gardiner Magill with Jack 
      Reserve 
      Billy Harpur with Chucky 
      Under 24 Hairy Champion 
      Jed with Tess
      Reserve 
      Mason Thompson with Jess
      Heavy Bull Champion
      Joyce Scott with Mabel
      Reserve 
      Luke with Blue
      Light Bull Champion
      Joyce Scott with Axel 
      Reserve 
      Leigh Thompson with Roxy
      Big Dogs (MMcG Qualifier for 2025) Champion 
      Lynzi Gardiner Magill  with Aneka
      Reserve 
      Cliona Owens with Miley 
      Puppy Champion
      Jamie O Connor with Penny 
      Reserve 
      Liverne Townsend with Zara 
      Under 10s Best Slipper Champion
      Ronaldo with Jack 
      Reserve 
      AJ with Zara 
      Congratulations to all above winners
      And Finally, may I take this opportunity to thank the judges on the day
      Five Nations Judges
      Whippets
      Leigh Thompson 
      Margaret Mc Stay
      Lurchers
      Paddy Mc Grath
      Maurice Thomas Mc Dowell
      Terriers
      Hanna Heinenon
      Eamon Mc Erlain
      All Ireland Judges
      Whippets
      Kirsty Harpur
      Lurchers
      Fiona Devlin
      Terriers
      Hanna Heinonen/Eamon McErlain
      Strong Dogs
      Gary Griffen
      Judging is not an easy task. Thank you all for doing an excellent job.
      Personally, I would like to thank Leigh Thompson for all her help and professionalism at the show, but especially when we were judging together in the 5 Nations. You are a star Leigh and thank you. Also to Stephanie OConnor /Chantelle O Connor and Biddy Mc Grath for taking photographs while I was in the ring. I could not of done it without you.
      And Finally, Finally, this show was run under the guidance of people who are passionate about Country Sports and a great window for the showing and racing tradition. 
      Yes it’s the McGrath Racing team I am speaking about. Biddy, Michael, Jack, Terry, and Anthony, and your brilliant back up team. You set the place a light with your professionalism at every stage in the showing and racing and everything ran so effective and efficiently this year. A lot of hard work went in but it all paid off in the end, and was a credit to you all and your team. Mary Mc Grath you should be so proud of your family.
      My Final word goes to Albertj Titterington and his wife Irene. After 69 Great Games Fairs of Ireland, you have left a legacy in Country Sports that will live on long after we have gone to the great throne beyond the sky. Our lives have been enriched with the excellent work and enjoyment you give to many families across the country and down through the years, through your Game Fairs. 
      Over the years you have brought a creative marketing flair, vast event organisation, a wealth of experience, and a lifetime's commitment to the promotion and enjoyment of all Country Sports. 
      Albert, I know you could not be in Carlow because of health issues, but you donated some beautiful Cups, Trophies and prizes which was so much appreciated. 
      Albert and Irene, It is an honour to be your friend, and on behalf of the whole canine community and especially the Mc Grath Racing Club, we wish you a speedy recovery back to health, and look forward to seeing you in Carlow in 2025.
      Again thank you to the Mc Grath Racing Club for another great show. A great day was had by all in Carlow. 
      To we meet again, God Bless
       Margaret Mc Stay
    • By appleblossom
      Schedule for The Big One. 
      Carlow Dog Show and Race Day this Sunday 25thAugust 24 ( Approx Times)
      1/Gates Open at 8.00am
      2/10.00am
      Entries for the Master McGrath and Mick The Miller taken  
      3/ 11.00am 
      Master Mc Grath and Mick the Miller racing will take place
      4/ 12.00am 
      Straight after the Master McGrath and Mick The Miller, the 5 Nations will take place with the 3 rings Whippets/Lurchers/Terriers going   at the same time.
      5/ Showing straight after 5 nations
      6/ All Ireland Racing after showing
      Entries for the Racing will be taken all during the day.
      Margaret Mc Stay

• By appleblossom
      UNCLE  SUNNYS CHARITY DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY SUNDAY 18th AUGUST 24
      Burndennett Cricket club is situated on the border between the counties Tyrone and Derry and lies in the vale of the beautiful Sperrin mountains.  This was the venue for Uncle Sunnys Charity Dog Show and Raceday Sunday 18th August 24.
       After taking a wrong turn and very quickly seeing the error of our ways, it was not long to a field full with cars vans and trailers came into view. With the echo of barking dogs wafting over the countryside, Mrs Sat Nav verified in her dolcet tones we had reached our destination.
      As Uncle Sunnys Dog show and Race day is widely acclaimed now being one of the top shows, again this year it certainly lived up to its name. This show always brings a magical atmosphere with it. 
      From 10.00am on Sunday morning the crowds rolled up in force, with dogs and family in tow. The show ground was superb with a good long Racing Track, views to die for, and well spaced out show rings. 
      There was ample ringside parking with Toilet facilities, a burger van/Ice Cream van, art,  Country Sports stands and a bouncy castle for the wee people. Nothing left to chance at this show, something for everybody. 
      The weather was kind to us with quite long spells of sunshine along with a cool breeze. This show is always a great family day out with lots of fun and frolics, and we were not disappointed this year either.
      It was nice to see the usual show goers back at the show this year, and quite a few new faces as well in the ring, showing off their Whippets, Terriers, Lurchers , Strong Dogs and Bullys, and maybe take home a nice trophy or a bag of meal at the end of the day. 
      Niall O Cloghan and sons were there with their wonderful Terrier Maze. This maze brings so much joy and excitement to every Terrier man in the country, seeing their well breed terriers running the gauntlet from one end of the Maze to the other and winning a prize at the end of it. Niall this Maze is a great invention and long may it continue.
      Our little people are very important people to country sports show rings and race courses. And they were certainly out in force at Sundays show and bouncy castle and show ring. Long after we have gone out of the ring and the field, these little people will be carrying on our Country Sports traditions in another tomorrow, and another generation.
      Time moves on and very soon it was show time.
       ** Showing Results
      Champion Pup
      Abigail Mc Neill with Jax
      Reserve
      Leah Miller with Cali
      Champion Pet
      Conor Mc Phelmey with Rua
      Reserve
      John Boyd with Polo
      Champion Hound
      Nigel Leonard with Sounder
      Reserve
      Brian Leonard with Ranger
      Champion Whippet
      Leah Miller with Cali
      Reserve 
      Fred Gentle with Snake
      Champion Lurcher
      JP O Hagan with Tyson
      Reserve
      Neil Fitzpatrick with Spike
      Champion Terrier
      Kyle Quinn with Star
      Reserve
      Hanna Heinonen with Judge
      Champion Strong Dog
      Marty McHugh with Harley
      Reserve
      Corey / Paula Beggs with Paco
      ***Overall Show Champion and Best in Show***
      Marty McHugh with Harley
      Reserve
      Kyle Quinn with Star
      **Racing Results 
      From The Pen of Christina Maguire
      PUPS
      Jack Townsend with Xera
      Whippet Race
      James Mullen with Junior
      Under 21
      Rose Mc Coy with Arlo 
      Under 23 Hairy
      Mason Thompson with Jess
      Over 23 Hairy
      Steven Mc Cook with Chimp
      Over 23 Elite
      Kirsty Harpur with chucky
      Under 23 Elite
      Kirsty Harpur with Dash
      Light Bull
      Joyce Scott with Axel
      Heavy Bull
      Joyce Scott with Mabel
      Master Mc Grath Qualifers
      Paul Owens with Millie
      Katelyn Mc Kenzie with Ace
      And finally, a very big thank you to the judges on the day who done a wonderful but difficult job
      Child Handling and Pets
      Margaret Mc Stay
      Hounds
      Martin Mc Guigan
      Whippets 
      Leanne Hawthorne
      Lurchers
      Stewarty Graham
      Terriers
      Franko Duffy
      Strong Dogs
      Ken Wilson
      The Racing responsibilitys on the day was carried out by The Mc Grath Racing Team. What a brilliant racing family of truly genuine people. Biddy/Michael/Jack and team, you were tops on the day and excellent team work.  
      And Finally, Finally, Uncle Sunnys  well run dog show and Raceday would not of been possible without this man and woman at the helm, yes Concepta O Goan and Tommy Melaugh it is you I am speaking about. 
      Along with Christina Maguire, Harry Roche, Dessie Roche,Toni,Ciara Clare,Bailey Melaugh and all your  back up team, you pulled out all the stops and turned the day into a memorable family dog show, for a great cause and a great Country Sporting day out. 
      It was evident a lot of hard work and sleepless nights went on behind the scenes to make this Dog show so successful.A special word of thanks to Christina Maguire for all your help to me in the ring. You are a lady and you really worked your heart and soul out running from ring to ring organising and keeping everyone right. 
      The caring people Concepta O Goan and Tommy Melaugh are when arranging this dog show with Uncle Sunny, immediately they said it was going to be a charity event, and the Charity they decided the proceeds of Sundays dog show was to go to was “ The Korma Centre Changing Lives”
      The centre offers a safe and welcoming space where one can speak free and in confidence to a trained
      Counsellor/Psychothorapist who will discuss and look at what has brought you to seek support. 
      We all can have difficult times in our daily lives and at some stage need to talk to somebody to help us to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sharing your worries and fears with someone you can trust who is there to listen to you, in a non-judgemental way, can be a great relief and can give hope for the future. What a worthy Charity.
      I had the pleasure of meeting Uncle Sunny on Sunday and what a lovely man with a very kind heart. I must say thank you to Uncle Sunny, Concepta O Goan, Tommy Melaugh and team for a great show on Sunday in Strabane and I am already looking forward to more of the same in 2025.
      To the memory of all who passed away and who inspired this show to happen, to we meet again God Bless.
       Margaret Mc Stay
    • By appleblossom
      THE TALLY HO WORKING DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY SATURDAY 17th AUGUST 24
      As I drew back the curtains on a mild August morning, my inner thoughts were telling me to get loaded up and on our way to the Tally Ho Working Dog Show and Race day in Ballee Park, Ballymena, Co Antrim. 
      And what a show that was. Peter always produces a top class show and Saturdays show was no different. I had a little sadness in my heart, with my sub conscious mind thinking this might be the last working dog show the Tally Ho organiser will run. But for a minute I do not believe that. Shows are in Peters blood, and come the new year fingers crossed, he will get the bug again. 
      This man always goes above and beyond all our expectations when he runs a shows, with top class trophies and prizes, Bouncy castles and loads of treats for the little people. There is also a raffle, all types country sports stands, and organises all this on his own.   
      Despite the odd small shower of rain families and country sportsmen and women came out with every breed of dog you could name. The atmosphere was electric, and the craic was good.  
      As the work in the field is on the horizon and the showing in the ring is nearly over, there was a very nice friendly crowd at the show. Just an all round lovely relaxing family day out for all the Canine men and women in Country Sports.
      As usual the raffle generated at lot of excitement with some lovely presents up for grabs. Many happy punters went home with some lovely presents.
      Time passes so quickly, very soon it was show time.  
      Here are some Showing Results : ( Hope I got them right)
      CHAMPION PUPPY
      Harry John Digging with Gorm
      Reserve : Abigail Mc Neill with Jax
      Champion Whippet
      James Mullen with Max 
      Reserve :  Vanessa Lynn with Louis
      Champion Lurcher
      Gerdy Daly with Major
      Reserve :
      Champion Terrier
      Maxi Maxwell with Stig
      Reserve : 
      Champion Strong Dog
      Decky Mc Daid with Darla
      Reserve : William Hanna with Broc
      Champion Bully
      Gail Ross with Bert
      Reserve : Paula Beggs with Paco
      ***Overall Champion and Best in Show ***
      Gerdy Daly with Major
      **There was also a Peters Choice in every Category
      **Racing Results From The Pen of Joanna Relf Lee
      Whippet Pup
      James Mullen with Toby
      Lurcher Pup
      Rebecca Saunderson with Susan
      Terriers 
      Conor O Neill with Brock
      Whippet  Dog
      Vanessa Lynn with Louis
      Whippet Bitch
      Susan Mc Cann Penny
      UNDER 21
      Rose Mc Coy with Arlo
      Under 22
      Billy Harpur with Dash
      Under 24
      Colin Tucker with Fletcher
      Over 24
      Cliona Owens with King
      Hairy under 24
      Mason Thompson with Jess
      Hairy Over 24 ( Mick The Miller )
      Stephen Mc Cook with Champ
      Bull X Light
      Joyce Scott with Axel
      Bull X Heavy
      Joyce Scott with Mabel
      And Finally, may I take this opportunity on behalf of the Tally Ho working dog show to thank the judges on the day for a job well done.
      Childrens Handling Class and Fancy Dress 
      Ash Coyle 
      Ladies and Gents Handling Class
      Peter Morgan
      Whippets 
      Margaret Mc Stay
      Lurchers 
      Barry Holland
      Terriers  
      Davy Owens
      Strong Dogs
      Wee Stewarty  
      Bullies
      Cassie Graham
      Judging is not an easy job, but the judges were all consistent and fair, and very successful with the end product. 
      A Big thank you to the racing team Matt Lee/Joanna Relf Lee and Matthew Lee for running the racing on the day so efficiently and went without a hitch. Your experience and input was invaluable and of this we are extremely grateful.
      And Finally, Finally when this man starts out to do a show there is no short cuts taken. Yes Peter Morgan it is you I am speaking about. Before your shows you rant and rave, but when the day comes you deliver the goods.
      Peter you run a top class show with the minimum of help on the day. You are the main man at the helm, have a heart of gold, and your kindness knows no bounds. Along with your excellent team of helpers, Conor Creagh/Calum and Caitlin Hughes you all worked tirelessly to make this show enjoyable for everyone.
      Peter your show is a credit to you, you made every one so welcome, and hopefully we might see more of the same in 2025( I am feeling optimistic )
      Margaret Mc Stay