hi, a farmer pal just dropped ten bags of oats at my yard, does anyone know if its ok to feed to poultry as a main feedstuff ? most of my game are around the 5 month mark now , I know that it fizzes horses up if they get more than a few cupfulls ,, atb

I like it in a mix for older birds I think it makes them feel better in hand. But I don't give it to youngstock really. Mine are also quite wasteful with it, must not be very tasty. even in a mix they will eat pellets before oats so bear that in mind or it will just get wasted

Soak and let go sour then feed em

ok, as in soak overnite ? im thinking in a hessian sack , drain off , then how long shall I wait to feed ? is this a good feed for them ? they are out on grass ever day for 8 hours ,, atb

This time of year don't actually soak them put enough water on them to keep them moist and feed them when they start to sprout,your birds will love them and they are a great feed and do them in stages not all at once or you will end up with a solid entangled bucket of sprouted oats ,

Regards Old Charlie.

• Like 2

This time of year don't actually soak them put enough water on them to keep them moist and feed them when they start to sprout,your birds will love them and they are a great feed and do them in stages not all at once or you will end up with a solid entangled bucket of sprouted oats ,

Regards Old Charlie.

Hello Charlie, Can you sprout Wheat, and feed as greens too? Ta