Nikko Stirling

Nice shot,

Was that on max mag? and how clearly could you see him? ive shot bunnies at 100yrds with my 3-9 and i can see them fine but i would like to be able to count each individual hair on them lol

On 16x zoom and as I'm zeroed I believe for 75 yards I had a 4 inch drop roughly. so this doe came hopping out and when it and myself had settled I sqeaked and got her head up and finished the session with a lovely headshot :)

Edited by celticrusader

I've had a Hawke AirMax 4-12X50 on my 22LR for some years now. Originally got it with my HW97, but swapped it over for the extra magnificatoion when I'm shooting coypus at range. Never loses zero, nice and bright even in low light. I even like the MAP6 reticle, which has different aim points to a mildot scope. Bit of software from Hawke, and you can print out scope cap covers that correspond to the reticle.

That said, my FAC HW97 broke two 3-9X40 Hawke AirMax scopes one after the other. Replaced them with Nikko Stirling AirKing 3-9X40s, which have never lost zero and are a nice budget mildot scope, with one-piece mounts included.

Hawke refunded me for the scopes, no quibbles. But they did say that their scopes with 30mm tubes have a more robust mechanism for holding the reticles in place, whereas their one-inch tubes use a leaf spring which is weaker. If you're after a Hawke scope that won't break, you should get one with a 30mm tube. However, that's all the pricey ones!

I was on a budget, so I went with Nikko Stirling, and am completely happy with them. Nice scope, free one-piece mount with stop pins, they do what it says on the tin.

I use the 6-24x50 Gameking. Think I paid around £60 for mine. Gotta love ebay!

Overkill for the .22lr, but for the price I can't fault it. Spends a lot of time being roughly bounced about on farm machinery and never needed re-zeroing. +1 from me.

Edited by CaptainBanana

Used those M.Masters for many years, good for what they are meant for, .22 Rims.

Seen a few xhairs from other scopes broken by airrifles, huge jolting and opposing forces .Reinforced stronger reticules fitted these days on Airrifles scopes.

Nikko Gameking on my BSA Century .22 Rim. is proving itself, very nice glass and adjustments.

Its AO too so ok for a R/F or C/Fire.