I know nobody can answer this 100 percent especially without seeing the dog but just after peoples opinions. Before I go any further I tried to get her to a vet last night but no joy and she wasnt exactly on deaths door and shes going to the vets at 9.00 when they open. Heres the symptoms:

Started with a little cough on saturday

Then was a little quiet which got progressivly more down in herself.

Bit of shits on sunday.

Shes been eating loads and yesterday she had a few solid poos.

But then yesterday at about 8 she started shaking a little and her back end gone really weak.

Struggled to get up and down step. However last night while having her last pee before bed saw somthing and bolted for it as if nothing was wrong but aafter could barely walk. This morning shes still lifeless her back ends really weak and hee heads down.

Any ideas would put my mind at rest because im at work and it wont be me dropping her at the vets. Cheers in advance.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont like rising to people but there is only one thing I cant take and that is to be made out like I dont do whats best for my dogs or not look after them etc. A few lads on here know me and the one

Vet now.

I'd have had her to emergency vets. .stop all the guessing.

I vaguely remember her putting up something accidently on thursday after a bit of bushing which was exhausting for her but shes been out a few times since. I thought at first could she have pinched a bone n got it stuck or somthing? But shes eaten loads drank loads and been to the toilet loads and there now solid stools so that kinda rules that out I hope. Iv prodded and poked her everywhere and I cant pinpoint any pain or discomfort. Soon as vets are open shes off I just cant put my mind to rest especially when im at work.

Il ask who ever is at home to check that. I know shes been drinking as normal or atleast I think she has been but this morning she was panting at 5am when I was up for work to go out which is unlike her.

does she appear to have lost muscle mass on her flanks and hips since Thursday??

Im not sure about lost mass but last night she was walking and standing funny. It seemed to be that it was her back end that was causing this and it was as if one side was out of line with the other as she was walking and when she was stood still the muscle on her hips was spasming a bit.

Okay thanks for the advice I probably wouldnt have thought of her run been a cause. Iv been phoning non stop hoping that someone will be in the vets but it doesnt open while 9 and nobody is on the phone. And I will never ever put any of my pets in a vets4pets ever again this is the only vet I have faith in. Are you from the barnsley area paulus?

Okay thanks for the advice I probably wouldnt have thought of her run been a cause. Iv been phoning non stop hoping that someone will be in the vets but it doesnt open while 9 and nobody is on the phone. And I will never ever put any of my pets in a vets4pets ever again this is the only vet I have faith in. Are you from the barnsley area paulus?

abbey vets have a 24hour vet..They are based all over barnsley area. .