FERRET FINDERS: YES / NO ?

FERRET FINDERS ?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. YES / NO

• NO
    • YES MK1
    • YES MK2
    • YES MK3

From now on i will as i lost my first ferret yesterday, a real shame, lesson learnt always use a ferret finder :thumbdown:

:wallbash: ... did you leave a live trap for it over night ?

richie

nope, i just put down some hay in a box for her, got told to by someone whos been doing it for 20 years about to go and check it again now

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topdog loose ferrets do kill a lot of rabbits your right , but dont expect the farmer who gave you permision to go on his land to be happy when your loose ferret has killed all his wifes chickens

yes mate im sure she wouldnt be happy, if she kept chickens but she does not

Edited by weirauch
rew Im stuck in my ways and to tight to buy a mark 3 they say it gets better with use, had some lads in the shop reckon they keep having the collars coming off having to dig to get them back

Too true, i spent sunday afternoon wth my head down a hole gettng ours back! 7ft and a right pain in the arse. Still at 40 quid a go was no way i was leaving it. On the up side i always knew exactly how far away it was! :D

I use a locator now,but as a kid it was a cat collar (ones with bells) If the ferret stayed to ground,we would back fill all the holes except one,and put the trap on the open one.I still use bells now with the locator,just in case the fert comes out a hole i might have missed. :thumbs:

I have had a mk3 for just over a year now and cant fault it. They do take a bit of getting used to though, I remember thinking when i first got it "why did I spend all this money on this?" but with perseverance I have found it better than the mk1. Also I have never had a collar fall off, I just make sure they are very tight.

Mk 3 is the dogs danglies,I use it all the time be it terriers or ferrets and can home in to 6 inches all the time.They're a great bit of kit.I am amazed when some say they cant use them,they're simple to use,and way better than the mk1.I got rid of my mk1 for the mk3 and have absolutely no regrets.But I was brought up the old ways,ferret bells and patience,so if the worst comes to the worst It doesnt phase me if the locator packs up,saying that, I wouldnt leave home without it.

I rate the mk3 but probably because Its the only one I've ever used. Only problem I had was at the end of last season when it started playing up whilst out. Showing signals all over the place obviously not picking up the collar. Sent it back to Deben who were really helpful but found nothing wrong with it. Turns out I had my mobile phone in a different pocket which caused interference. Might be something to bear in mind if anyone else gets the problem.

as stated before I think the mk3 if the dogs danglies, just sold my mk1 and bought 2 more collars with the proceeds, think the collars are way better, I too was putting them on way too loose, once your past the "im gonna strangle them fear" and fit them tight, then no worries :clapper: