Zastava .22-250 Rifle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It certainly is as Danw says, it will rot out your crown, threads, and first bit of your barrel, that is why the crappy t8 moderators rot from the inside.

After you fire a cf round there is the potential for condensation to form this sits around the crown and last few inches of the barrel if you don't remove the mod it sits there and rusts pretty soon y

Thanks for the info coypo hunter appreciate it. Sounds like a decent rifle then.   Atb Dan

Yep wildcat mods are very good, they are large which is a drawback to me but cheaper than the PES CC uses, if money wasn't an issue I would probably go for the PES.

I got a great deal on my two moderators so that's the way I went

The only thing i'm thinking of is the muzzle jump, I have watched a few vids on youtube and seems as though a .22-250 without mod does jump alot with recoil. But with a mod it seems to stop the muzzle jump. It's one thing i don't like as i would like to try and keep a clear site picture. I'm a complete amateur when it come to CF rifles but assume the heavier the mod the lighter the muzzle jump and felt recoil. The recoil of the rifle isn't a problem as i'm used to shooting a old SBS 12G just want to calm the muzzle jump.

Any advice on muzzle breaks? Or how i can settle the muzzle?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Trust me you dont want a muzzle break on a .22-250 pal, you want a moderator, get a wildcat on it, there will be bugger all muzzle flip, the sound will be cut down nicely, and it will most likely be more accurate as well, forget muzzle breaks and get a decent over barrel mod on it, job done.

And stop confusing yourself with bloody daft yank youtube vids lol, all will become clear the first time you pull the trigger dude. :yes:

Edited by charlie caller

I know mate, of course you want it to all go ok, let me try and ease your mind a bit, you are getting a decent rifle, put a decent scope and mounts on it, get it screw cut by a reputable man, try a few types of quality factory ammo to see which one it likes best, get a Wildcat or similar moderator on it, go and zero it an inch high @ 100 yards, then go and enjoy it, clean it every 50-100 rounds or so, save all your brass for reloading, and take that bloody moderator off every time you shoot it, even if you have not fired it take it off, there really is no more to it than that, you have one of the best flat shooting, hard hitting, fox and small deer rounds ever made, the difference between your .22-250 and .17 pop gun will be erm.......... How can I put it, explosive :yes::icon_eek:

Edited by charlie caller
  • Like 1