Zastava .22-250 Rifle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It certainly is as Danw says, it will rot out your crown, threads, and first bit of your barrel, that is why the crappy t8 moderators rot from the inside.

After you fire a cf round there is the potential for condensation to form this sits around the crown and last few inches of the barrel if you don't remove the mod it sits there and rusts pretty soon y

Thanks for the info coypo hunter appreciate it. Sounds like a decent rifle then.   Atb Dan

Mine's a 22LR, nice and accurate. I floated the barrel and modded the trigger to make it shoot really well, but it's bang on now. easily modifiable, which is nice. :thumbs:

It used to be sold in the US as the Remington Model 5 22LR, which is where you might have got the idea that they're somehow related. Remington imported and rebadged them, but they still said "Zastava" on the action.

Thanks alot CC. What is meant by a mauser action?

I know of mauser rifles is that anything to do with it?

The other thing is it says on zastava website that they have a 360mm twist rate does anyone know if that's good?

Thanks all again much appreciated

The action is very similar to CZ which is a scaled down version of the 1898 Mauser action, still one of the strongest most reliable actions around, the twist rate will be standard 1-14 for a .22-250 designed for 50-55 grain bullets, the calibre being designed as a varmint round where velocity is everything, dont worry too much about it pal, just stick to 40-55 grain bullets, and watch crows dissolve at 400 yards :yes: