Spent a couple of days at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. i'd recommend it to anyone as a "must-do". Been a few times before but not for a few years.

Highlights have been some of the "proper" F1 cars of yesteryear, a terriifc Red Arrows display and an RAF Typhoon ripping up the skies for 10 minutes. Makes me proud to be British....oh and Chis Hoy binning his GTR through pure lack of skill. :laugh:

It`s on my list Dave, I`m dying to go.

When I do it will be on the Lambretta in full 60`s rig out

its the festival of speed not the sewing machine show ... ;)

Edited by the_stig

It`s on my list Dave, I`m dying to go.

When I do it will be on the Lambretta in full 60`s rig out

They had a very good selection of bikes. From John Surtees stuff up to Rossi's 2012 Ducati. Have you considered the Revival in September? Never been before, but think I'll give it a bash this year.

been a few times all on free passes my mate used to own the firm that did all the tents...

Did they all get fed up with you saying "I'll gi' ye a tenner for that." :laugh:

there used to be an auto jumble ---did you kip in the van :laugh:

been a few times all on free passes my mate used to own the firm that did all the tents...

Did they all get fed up with you saying "I'll gi' ye a tenner for that." :laugh:

there used to be an auto jumble ---did you kip in the van :laugh:

Kip in the van? Who would do something like that? :D No, we drove there both days. It's only an hour from here.

I went about 3 years ago.

Fantastic day out, the smell of those cars will live with me forever.

Drank too much, enjoyed myself far too much and would recommend it to anyone with deep pockets and long arms :yes:

Drank too much, enjoyed myself far too much and would recommend it to anyone with deep pockets and long arms :yes:

Yeah. Was quite pricey. I marched my mrs briskly past the "Seafood and champagne" tent to the "pasty and beer" stall. :laugh:

We arrived at 8am and started drinking 'Goodwood Ale' at £4 a pint.....

Including the helecopter ride (I shite myself), I spent nearly £300, which given the fact our tickets were free was some going...

Mind you, we did drink a bit....

Yeah. Was quite pricey. I marched my mrs briskly past the "Seafood and champagne" tent to the "pasty and beer" stall. :laugh:

figures 5 bunch of flowers off the market for a quid ---they`ll be dead by the time we get home :D:D class

We arrived at 8am and started drinking 'Goodwood Ale' at £4 a pint.....

Including the helecopter ride (I shite myself), I spent nearly £300, which given the fact our tickets were free was some going...

Mind you, we did drink a bit....

did you stay over they used to have a band on at night be late 90s when I went ..