B*****d Stoppers

I got told 250 and can have complications if it goes tits up not off the vet like. Still have to exercise the dogs through the summer I try and keep them on the grass he done his claw in the local wood some dipshit with a Rotty n pug let her muts run and get tangled with mine who was on the lead at the time can't win

Shop around get different quotes. Iv found when you start having problems they continue with dews but like I say better now than 5 6 weeks into the season just when there getting ripe fit for it to happen again later on we lose enough time in the season to other working wounds/injury plus frozen ground ect without adding to it.

If you can get them off

I would never buy or sell a pup with its dew claws still on.

There easy to take off when at two weeks of age pair of curved nail scissors and iodine jobs a good one and a bit of cut an heal afterwards. Mother will do the rest of the cleaning , but its vets for you mate another 150 you've paid for the dog lol atb jimmy. ;)

Edited by jimmy1982

Stoppers? Hard ground?? Suppose you are all gunna keep your dogs off the stubble in September then. Makes me laugh the hard ground bit. exercise em on hard ground and plenty of roadwork soon gets em ready for hard underfoot conditions. Otherwise you may aswell keep greyhounds and stick to running on sand tracks.

• Like 2

My whippet has been running freely on local nature reserve and grazed/split both his stopper pads, will wrap with vetwrap for week or so only when running free/general exercise...

Just ordered bottle of this though and wondered if anyone has any experience of it, used it, any good ???

B0517B82-100B-4BCF-922D-35ED344EDD6C.png

Stoppers? Hard ground?? Suppose you are all gunna keep your dogs off the stubble in September then. Makes me laugh the hard ground bit. exercise em on hard ground and plenty of roadwork soon gets em ready for hard underfoot conditions. Otherwise you may aswell keep greyhounds and stick to running on sand tracks.

not so much the hard clay/soil it's the sharp stones n flint tha are stuck in it like concerete dog sliced the top of his stopper pad off last week

Put stop pad protectors on my old bitch after she had hers removed.Never got any trouble after & she soon got use to them, Countrymun.com is the web site cheap enough per pair & the leather ones are better in my opinion.

I would never buy or sell a pup with its dew claws still on.

There easy to take off when at two weeks of age pair of curved nail scissors and iodine jobs a good one and a bit of cut an heal afterwards. Mother will do the rest of the cleaning , but its vets for you mate another 150 you've paid for the dog lol atb jimmy. ;)

If you going to do them yourself better off at few days old rather than weeks ;)

Dog in my avatar f****d his stopper last season. Left it to heal 2 weeks it came straight back undone. Left it a month, looked good as new, first night out same thing again. Couldn't have him laid up for most of his first season so i just started wrapping it up fairly tight for every day or night out. Worked a treat and touch wood has been fine without wrap since late feb. If i was you mate id just give him 7-10 days lead rest then wrap it up for few weeks