An Evening Fishing The Live Eels

Hi Newkid,

Nice catch mate

Ive never fished for bass much, but I did catch a nice one off Nova Scotia, tasty it was, cooked there on the beach.... How do you gather the sand eels? And are they noticeably better than lures? I prefer using natural local baits whenever I can. Cheers

DnN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tomorrow's tea..

Well they were lovely.. Spuds and mint from the garden and fish from the estuary down the road.. Don't get better than that..

The one I caught that was takeable 18" long.. My mates having it for tea cause he blanked...

Posted Images

Hi mate

On the 2 estuaries I tend to fish you can buy the live eels, £5 a scoop ( which is around 50 eels) so I don't collect my own.

IMO they are much better than a lure every time, I've caught on lures but I'm far more confident on the real thing..

Live eels or peeler crab are the stand out baits IMO

• Like 2

16 inches that smaller one is deffo undersize be carefull what you put up it may come back and bite you on the arse.Get it eaten quick

The minimum landing size for bass is 36cm 14.25" fact.

TC

Have a look at British sea fishing.co.uk shore caught bass minimum size 16ins/41cm I think you will find 14.25 ins/36cm is defra sizes for commercial/boat fishing

16 inches that smaller one is deffo undersize be carefull what you put up it may come back and bite you on the arse.Get it eaten quick

The minimum landing size for bass is 36cm 14.25" fact.

TC

Have a look at British sea fishing.co.uk shore caught bass minimum size 16ins/41cm I think you will find 14.25 ins/36cm is defra sizes for commercial/boat fishing

The 16" rule is voluntary code, and merely club rules for bass to count in competitions. The legal size is 36cm no if's and's or but's. There is no distinction between shore and boat caught fish in law.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2

Photos can be deceiving, I'm definitely not one for giving anyone ammo..

I thought it was 14" and knew they were way over that, we've all got to be a bit careful with picking the bones out of each other's posts too!!

We wouldn't want to give them ammo that isn't there.... Would we?

No malice or mischief intended whatsoever - that's why I tried to be careful in what i said (especially as I am also a new member) and everything is more than good anyway! I apologise if my post was seen in any other way!

I hope they tasted good too!

• Like 2

Photos can be deceiving, I'm definitely not one for giving anyone ammo..

I thought it was 14" and knew they were way over that, we've all got to be a bit careful with picking the bones out of each other's posts too!!

We wouldn't want to give them ammo that isn't there.... Would we?

No malice or mischief intended whatsoever - that's why I tried to be careful in what i said (especially as I am also a new member) and everything is more than good anyway! I apologise if my post was seen in any other way!

I hope they tasted good too!

No problem mate, they were lovely lol

Excellent report and result as usual Kev, really need to get my ass out there! :D

Working long hours at the minute though, I'm too knackered to go anywhere at the minute. Need a few weekends off.. ;)

I'm the same Mal, always too busy, just got to grab it where you can.

Got a christening today, but decided I'm not going to drink and grab a couple of hours after the bass again later...

fook me kev your keen I don't know as I`d give up a few hours on the beer with the lads on a day like today for a couple of small bass :whistling: -----look forward to seeing the photos at the side of that giant bucket :tongue2:

Edited by the_stig