Camping With The Family

the wife and I are toying with the idea of taking the kids camping this summer and for the next few summers, the wife has never been camping before but I have assured her that we will all have a ball, my eldest lad who is 4 is really up for it ( what 4yr old wouldn't be) I also have a 2yr old and a 6mth old, I was thinking that due to the age of my youngest that rough camping is out, but we were looking at a mobile home to buy on site next to a beach (would also suit the dogs) or a caravan / trailer tent which means we can tour around, has anyone any experience with either or both, I think both have there pro's and con's, what should I look out for when viewing either mobile or caravan, thanks atb......john.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your going to do it do it now whilst the kids are young ... It's not so enjoyable when they are teenagers ........

ive had every format going over the years, hammock n tarp, small tent, big tent, small campervan, motorhome, static....and just about everything in between. the way you describe your family at the mo

damp!! dont buy anything with damp problems

I would go for the towing caravan mate. Always thought a static caravan may get tedious after a while, same place all the time.

With a tourer you can go wherever you fancy, avoid shit weather etc

My family holidays were all in the caravan, and Socks is right we all stopped going about 13/14 years old but as a young kid they were great holidays.

Even went to Europe a few times

Good luck.

• Like 2

Just got back from KERNOW. Carnt. Beat the old caravan. Want a camper now though

i havent been camping since i was a teenager.. did it all; static, tourer, trailer tent, tent.... just bought myself a vw t25 campervan

went to burren the other week with it.. just overnight but cant upload pics atm... my profile pic shows my new van in the burren :boogy:

• Like 1

I would go for the towing caravan mate. Always thought a static caravan may get tedious after a while, same place all the time.

With a tourer you can go wherever you fancy, avoid shit weather etc

My family holidays were all in the caravan, and Socks is right we all stopped going about 13/14 years old but as a young kid they were great holidays.

Even went to Europe a few times

Good luck.

I did prefer the idea of moving about, would like to be able to park up anywhere and just get on with it, or are you aloud to do that?

the reason i went for a camper instead of a caravan is that you are less likely to be moved on by locals/an garda as they associate caravans with travellers and campervans with tourists.... wild camping is detered by local councils using barriers but theres plenty decent spots... avoid parking up near bog/forestry or you will be eaten alive by midges

• Like 1