F.a.o Jigsaw: Noggin The Kelpie

Neal

temporary-9.jpg

...and another.

He's turning into a lovely dog; having a bit of a juvenile delinquent stage at the moment but I'm sure he'll grow out of it. He's far more relaxed and easy going than Scout due to the different bloodlines and is far more like old Rusty who made it to fifteen at the end of November. I'm without ferrets at the moment as my little piece of permission is slowly being swallowed up by concrete but he finally saw his first rabbit a couple of days ago which he winded and put up himself. Early days yet but he's certainly fun to have around and he's the kind of dog that makes every walk/mooch more enjoyable for being in his company...the last time I liked a dog this much was about fifteen years ago with his uncle.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, that's weird! All those times I tried to put a photo of Noggin up as a pup and nothing happened and I've just tried again out of the blue and it worked.   He's about ten months old in this ph

The first link you sent does not work, it's telling me you have moved or deleted the photos. The second link is fine.     Edited to add that as your bucket is open I can see other pics and copy

...and another.   He's turning into a lovely dog; having a bit of a juvenile delinquent stage at the moment but I'm sure he'll grow out of it. He's far more relaxed and easy going than Scout due to

Thanks Jigsaw; as I said early days yet but I'll keep you updated with how he gets on.

Although I've only seen about half a dozen rabbits on my farms in the last few years, he put up a hare from a hedgerow last week. We were both on the wrong side and he was racing back and forth trying to find a spot where he could get through (despite being built like a tank he hasn't developed Rusty and Scout's slug-like capabilities for getting into confined spaces yet). It was making so much noise getting out that I was expecting a roe or fox until I glimpsed, through gaps in the hedge, a rabbit...until I was able to see it over the top of the hedge and recognised that familiar, over-confident Pepe le Pew gait. To Noggin's credit he did follow it's line eventually in the next field and managed to put it up again but this time he was head down in long tussocky grass and it waved au revoir as it disappeared around a corner and we later discovered it had slipped under a fence into a school.

I nearly had to write his eulogy today.

Took him for a walk in the wood this morning and he was off mooching about in front of me as we were walking parallel to the road when I heard a screech of brakes, a yelp of pain and a car accelerating quickly. My immediate thought was, "Noggin!" but he reappeared a second later looking as happy as usual so I presumed another dog had been hit. I clicked my fingers to lay him down on the footpath and went to the edge of the wood where I could hear somebody calling out, "Your dog's been hit!" I went out, presuming he was shouting to somebody else to see if I could help and when he saw me the bloke said again, "Your dog's been hit," to which I replied, "black and tan?" A car had pulled over by this time and the driver was asking the other chap if he'd seen the registration and the upshot was that it WAS Noggin. He's been clipped on his rear end and the driver had simply hit and run...bar steward!

I gave him the once over and there appeared to be no damage so continued on my way home with the intention of getting him checked over at the vets. However, several people I saw after, on our way home, pointed out that the vet would probably charge a fortune for an anaesthetic and x-ray when he may be ok. So I decided to just keep an eye on him and see how he got on. I took him out again a few hours later and he's completely fine. Standing to pee fine on either side, sitting on either side, jumping fallen logs, twisting and turning while retrieving...there doesn't appear to be a thing wrong with him. I expect he'll wake up tomorrow with some aches and pains though.

Looks like it could be kelpie 1: blue Ford Fiesta 0. I think he must be half cat.

• Like 2