Yesterday I went to the gun shop to buy some tips for my 223 and came out with a black widow slingshot, I just couldn't resist! Been knocking over cans in the garden all good but the bloody bands keep snapping and I dont know why, is there better bands I can get for it?

theraband gold bandsets bud. take a section of tube. roll it down the fork. lay the flatbands on the forks. then role the tube back over. job done. ebay will have a double theraband gold bandset. if i wasnt stuck in hospital id send you one

whats up bud why you in sick bay?

nothing really major mate. ive got crohns disease and just had a few complications with it. just finding the right way of managing it for me at the minute

Nasty business, mate. Hope you're well soon - we need you out here on the front line ! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yesterday I went to the gun shop to buy some tips for my 223 and came out with a black widow slingshot, I just couldn't resist! Been knocking over cans in the garden all good but the bloody bands keep snapping and I dont know why, is there better bands I can get for it?

You'll find the blokes on here will help with any queries or problems you're having, however trivial you might think they are - don't be shy, just ask away ! Good luck with the band change. :thumbs:

if you are using uneven ammo like stones then they can cause hard to spot damage and cause the bands to break.

the bands supplied with black widows are usualy reasonably long lasting but are not the most efficient.

as already mentioned you can fit theraband bandsets which are easier to draw , produce more power and consequently more accurate.

the only downside of theraband as opposed to tubes is that they don,t last as long if you get a tapered set.

making your own may seem like a hassle bit a lot cheaper and not really that difficult.

another option for the blackwidow is dub dub tubes which will fit on in the same way as the barnett ones and are more efficient.

hope this helps

Get yourself to asda.... They sell exercise bands.... Red is good..... Blue is awesome..... Lasts longer than theraband gold I believe.... And sure packs a punch!.....

If you need any help cutting them.... Look at the 'how to make a bandset' tutorial at the top of the section.....

And if you need a hand fitting them..... Just ask ;)....

i agree with the asda blues being awesome. i shot a duck in the back of the head with 12mm lead out of them and it went straight through and blew the beak to bits

We're gonna end up like Basil Fawlty - "Don't mention the duck........" :laugh:

• Like 1