Advice Please Cz 527 .223

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan , Dont want to be a spoil sport , but the stock aint going to make it shoot better . put all the money you can afford into the best scope you can get , try to look for a second hand scmidt or a sw

yes they do and yes its a very good rifle mines never let me down mate

Cheers shootlodge looking good for the cz.

Posted Images

Im wanting the varmint barrel CC

Have/use what you like obviously, but I have never found a use for the Varmint barrel in the field on either a rimfire or centrefire, jut a heavier lump to carry about!

What is it that is drawing you to the varmint barrel?

Edited by Deker

I don't know anyone who reloads CC. I just like the look to be honest deker. I wouldn't have the rimfires varmint as i know that I walk alot with them but figured with the .223 most of my shooting will be from a single position. Im planning on walking a couple hundred yards to the top of the banks on perms then lying down calling charlie

I don't know anyone who reloads CC. I just like the look to be honest deker. I wouldn't have the rimfires varmint as i know that I walk alot with them but figured with the .223 most of my shooting will be from a single position. Im planning on walking a couple hundred yards to the top of the banks on perms then lying down calling charlie

I'm not trying to put you off, as I said before, get what you want, personal choice, but why does lying down waiting for the fox need a varmint barrel?

Heavy or light barrel will give no difference in accuracy with a 1 off cold barrel shot!

For general field work I see no benefit whatsoever in heavy barrels, they come into their own with extreme distance, continuous use, therefore primarily on the range! Your OP said .....rifle will only be used for fox control and im not planning on shooting past 200yards

Like I said personal choice, my .223 has accounted for a 10 shot string of 8 V bulls and 2 bulls at 600 yards, cold barrel, development load and new user, who freely admitted he should have had 10 V Bulls but didn't check the flags well enough! A Varmint barrel would have made squat diddly difference!

post-10759-0-53601400-1401777769.jpg

.223, .243, .308 all light, all sub 1moa with PRVI. Clover leaf with good stuff. :thumbs:

I haven't used the .223 at really long distance, most of my field and range work is inside 200 yards, but I have another 600 yard shoot on 22 of this month and a 1000 yard on 30 Aug, so I may just try the .223 at 1000! Well...I have tried the HMR at 600 yards, even managed to get it on the black...eventually!! :laugh:

Call me a tart by all means, but when I'm out in the field I don't carry any more weight than is essential, unless someone can show me a very good reason why I should!

ATB! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

I just love the look

Don't know which you have in mind, but I must admit I'm very partial to a Fluted Stainless Barrel myself.

Stainless is less hassle and looks the dogs especially with a laminate.

Those who want synthetic with blued barrels to look like police snipers can have them for me. Laminate stainless all the way!