Back Up Knife?

Just thought I'd ask on here as the last knife I bought was a trusty Mora recommended by you guys and I have to say what a great little knife it is!

I'm looking for another as a back up for wild camping / bushcraft. I want a fixed blade and slightly bigger than the Mora's 4" blade. Maybe 6" or 8". I don't want anything too expensive as the Mora is my primary knife but I fancy something a bit bigger for occasional harder tasks.

Any ideas?

Cheers guys

Not a fixed blade, but you cant beat a opinel for value and a decent, easy to maintain edge. Get them as big or small as you like too. You might even be able to bet a fixed blade if my excuse for a memory recalls. You can also lock them out, if you choose to keep the collar on it :whistling:

I've seen the opinels, a good friend used one for a while and swore by it but I wanted a bigger fixed blade for tougher work like splitting a bit of fire wood etc while camping so I doubt an opinel would be up to the job, they're great knives but obviously have a weak spot like all folders and also the blades are pretty thin to be smacking into wood

It doesn't need to be cheaper than a Mora, a Mora is only £15 but a great knife. I just want something bigger but not silly money as its only for occasional harder tasks while camping

like the one I just put on?

depending what you want and how much work and of what type of work you intend to do with it, cheap knives are cheap for a reason, that does not mean all expensive knives are worth there price tag either, but you only ever going to be as good as the kit you use,

Price isn't always the best indicator of quality though, theres plenty massed produced branded stuff out there thats double the price of a custom job and half as good.

read what i wrote :laugh: