• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and Billy (kruby01) Got these 2 today about 35-40 yards shot mum first then cub. The cub didn't have a clue. What a cracking little round the .17hmr is.    

Just got back after a couple hours on the foxes. Didnt see any so went to a new permission to lamp rabbits. Never been lamped before grabbed the .22lr out of the boot and switched lamp off hmr onto .2

sharpshooter25 if you cant drop a fox stone dead at 100-150 yards with the HMR I think you need to change your name. windage shouldn't be a problem its a HMR, don't shoot it in strong winds.

Fair play bb. Ive heard the 20g are very destructive so probably best I stick to 17g for the rabbits lol. Im going again friday night lamping them, going to check zero at 100yards then try some shots out to 130 to see if im consistent enough for head shots. Ive taken rabbits out to 150yards chest shot so should be steady enough foe charlies head. Just hoping the wind keeps off on Friday as I drop range to 100yard max in gusts

Well that's interesting, I've had two foxes in the past year..one at 70 yards and one at 130 ish yards and both have been with 17 grain hornady.

I have been told that the drop on the 20 grain is considerably more than the 17 and it obviously does more damage to rabbits so I think i'll miss that ...or I could carry a man of 20 grain in my pocket but tbh I think it would be a pointless practice.