Definitely Maybe...

20 years! scary...... 1st heard them I think on one of them promo tapes from NME used to love the singles b sides, didnt half get BIG!

Good decade, and so was the before. Just adjusting my body clock after finishing shifts, aided by The Soup Dragons, The La's and who knows! Everyone had a loose fit. Think im stuck in that timewarp, & fcuk it im staying. The electronic music was shit hot at the time, & still popping up in samples today.

Everyone entitled to say 'best album ever' for them, mine's The Stone Roses, took me over 20 years to see them, watched the film the other day, saw my arm :boogy: tell you what - I was f#$@ in' 'avin it :D

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 20 years this week since the release of Definitely Maybe...   I loved the 90's, and that was one of the biggest albums of the time, was coming back from fishing earlier listening to Absolute 90

20 years! scary...... 1st heard them I think on one of them promo tapes from NME used to love the singles b sides, didnt half get BIG!   Good decade, and so was the before. Just adjusting my body cl

A couple of good gigs for us.. B mad festival... Supporting Girl School!!!! Lol And in the Phoenix centre, when an American band came over and stayed with us for a couple of weeks, we done a mini to

Posted Images

Dont seem that long ago, mad how time flies.. Think I was about 18 and I was seeing a bird called Sally when "Don't look back in anger" was being played in all the night clubs! :D Well Sally couldn't fecking wait the first night I was with her, and thanks to a dodgy back window on my mates mums Volvo which he was driving on that night and had parked in a car park a short distance from the club... She didn't fecking have too! :D

Happy days :D

• Like 1

Nice one Malt, for those of us fast approaching 40 those were our best days, so a lot of those albums and songs are ours lol...

f**k I loves the 90s, I'm realising it more and more, especially when I hear half the shit my teenage daughter plays ( think my folks said the same lol)..

• Like 1

20 years! scary...... 1st heard them I think on one of them promo tapes from NME used to love the singles b sides, didnt half get BIG!

Good decade, and so was the before. Just adjusting my body clock after finishing shifts, aided by The Soup Dragons, The La's and who knows! Everyone had a loose fit. Think im stuck in that timewarp, & fcuk it im staying. The electronic music was shit hot at the time, & still popping up in samples today.

Everyone entitled to say 'best album ever' for them, mine's The Stone Roses, took me over 20 years to see them, watched the film the other day, saw my arm :boogy: tell you what - I was f#$@ in' 'avin it :D

Stone roses are quality mate, haven't got to see them yet!!

Watched oasis, back in the day, at West Point arena ( Devon county ground) f**k me they did not want to be there... Liam was acting the twat, people were flashing those laser pen things about, he kept saying they were shining it in his eyes and was gonna walk off... We all knew he just was pissed off playing a fancy farm lol... Travis were the support, before they had a song out really, I heard them from the bar lol

Edited by NEWKID

Watched oasis, back in the day, at West Point arena ( Devon county ground) f**k me they did not want to be there... Liam was acting the twat, people were flashing those laser pen things about, he kept saying they were shining it in his eyes and was gonna walk off... We all knew he just was pissed off playing a fancy farm lol... Travis were the support, before they had a song out really, I heard them from the bar lol

Saw them at the Boardwalk in the early days and a few more times over the years :toast: last time I saw them was Lancashire cricket ground with Richard Ashcroft supporting...quality gig :yes: Stone Roses were better in my opinion,the second album was panned,but I thought some of that was superb,John Squire had got into Hendrix and it showed...some of it was superb,always loved the Inspiral Carpets though they never seemed to reach the dizzy heights the others did :hmm: (Clint Boons dad told him to stop f***ing around and join a "proper" band like Take That :yes::laugh: He got his love of the keyboard listening to Telstar as a kid)Happy days in Manchester back then with the Hacienda and the Boardwalk....Then it became Gunchester and the rest is history :cray: .As an aside Bez knocked at my sisters door last week,canvasing for the Green Party and hes running for Mayor of Salford....I shit you not :yes::laugh: he was at the anti fracking camp a mile from our house supporting the cause,was hoping hed knock here to hear his view on hunting....sure the barmy b*****ds misunderstood exactly what the "Green"party is :whistling: Ave it... :laugh:

• Like 1

Saw them at the Boardwalk in the early days and a few more times over the years :toast: last time I saw them was Lancashire cricket ground with Richard Ashcroft supporting...quality gig :yes: Stone Roses were better in my opinion,the second album was panned,but I thought some of that was superb,John Squire had got into Hendrix and it showed...some of it was superb,always loved the Inspiral Carpets though they never seemed to reach the dizzy heights the others did :hmm: (Clint Boons dad told him to stop f*****g around and join a "proper" band like Take That :yes::laugh: He got his love of the keyboard listening to Telstar as a kid)Happy days in Manchester back then with the Hacienda and the Boardwalk....Then it became Gunchester and the rest is history :cray: .As an aside Bez knocked at my sisters door last week,canvasing for the Green Party and hes running for Mayor of Salford....I shit you not :yes::laugh: he was at the anti fracking camp a mile from our house supporting the cause,was hoping hed knock here to hear his view on hunting....sure the barmy b*****ds misunderstood exactly what the "Green"party is :whistling: Ave it... :laugh:

Must of been great up there Dave, when it was first coming out.

Saw them at the Boardwalk in the early days and a few more times over the years :toast: last time I saw them was Lancashire cricket ground with Richard Ashcroft supporting...quality gig :yes: Stone Roses were better in my opinion,the second album was panned,but I thought some of that was superb,John Squire had got into Hendrix and it showed...some of it was superb,always loved the Inspiral Carpets though they never seemed to reach the dizzy heights the others did :hmm: (Clint Boons dad told him to stop f*****g around and join a "proper" band like Take That :yes::laugh: He got his love of the keyboard listening to Telstar as a kid)Happy days in Manchester back then with the Hacienda and the Boardwalk....Then it became Gunchester and the rest is history :cray: .As an aside Bez knocked at my sisters door last week,canvasing for the Green Party and hes running for Mayor of Salford....I shit you not :yes::laugh: he was at the anti fracking camp a mile from our house supporting the cause,was hoping hed knock here to hear his view on hunting....sure the barmy b*****ds misunderstood exactly what the "Green"party is :whistling: Ave it... :laugh:

The Stone Roses managed to make a near perfect record & not many bands have ever done it like that........

I saw them at Norwich UEA.......unfortunately reni had just left the band.......gutted not to see him play.

• Like 2

o

It really was a "Scene",everyone buzzing ,people came from all over the country....to the extent we had a new manager at work from America,first time in England,asked her if she was gonna go sight seeing London etc,all she was interested in was seeing the Hacienda....and reporting back to all her pals in the states who saw it as a "cavern" type shrine :laugh: then drugs reared its ugly head,turf wars going on inside the clubs over who could/couldn't deal in the clubs,at the same time the "door wars" broke out over wich firm was protecting which club in which area,lads on the doors getting shot/stabbed and drive bys :cray: what a waste,was the beginning of the end...

• Like 1

o

It really was a "Scene",everyone buzzing ,people came from all over the country....to the extent we had a new manager at work from America,first time in England,asked her if she was gonna go sight seeing London etc,all she was interested in was seeing the Hacienda....and reporting back to all her pals in the states who saw it as a "cavern" type shrine :laugh: then drugs reared its ugly head,turf wars going on inside the clubs over who could/couldn't deal in the clubs,at the same time the "door wars" broke out over wich firm was protecting which club in which area,lads on the doors getting shot/stabbed and drive bys :cray: what a waste,was the beginning of the end...

Another shame was Lee Mavers, he should of been f***ing huge with the la's!!!........threw it away with drugs........

• Like 2

o

As with anything it all revolved around money in the end, and everyone wants their cut..

• Like 1

o

As with anything it all revolved around money in the end, and everyone wants their cut..

Worst of it was violence inside the clubs was minimal....everyone just wanted to dance....swinging sixties/summer of love vibe :yes: very little mither from punters,££££s and :gunsmilie: f****d it for everybody :censored:

yeah im big into oasis and stone rosies ect love the whole madchester scene.

if yer go on youtube look for oasis the lost tapes some good stuff on there demos and stuff liams voice in early years sounds good was great up to 96 didnt like them after that.

ive grown into beady eye now tho.i like that album BE.

music is shite these days

Long live the 90s adidas trainers and tops fishing hats and coke n pills lol yessssss

• Like 3

Class album no doubt is Definitely Maybe, imho its stood the test of time far better than Whats the Story, really loved WTSMG but its faded in time, where as Definitely always gets plenty air time and I watch the dvd now and again,

Stone Roses just simply made the perfect album, no way could that ever be followed up, watched the Shane Meadows movie the other week, did not bother goin to concerts the other year cos went to Spike Island and seen second coming (unfortunately),,memories just to good to risk lol

Inspirals , LA's etc all class bands always listened to em over years, greatest era of music in my time, great thread

• Like 3