Scotish Airgun Bill !

Does anyone have any info on the proposed Scotish Airgun Bill which seeks to licence every air powered weapon in Scotland (estimated at over 500,000) ?

I wonder how it might affect crossing the border with an air gun (for competition or sport) and also the mail order businesses.

How on earth do they think they are going to be able to mange the administration involved?

Does anyone have any info on the proposed Scotish Airgun Bill which seeks to licence every air powered weapon in Scotland (estimated at over 500,000) ?

I wonder how it might affect crossing the border with an air gun (for competition or sport) and also the mail order businesses.

How on earth do they think they are going to be able to mange the administration involved?

I see your on board with the hype.....an air gun is not an AIR POWERED WEAPON . A weapon is something you would use to harm another person I would think there are no licences for such a device .

air powered weapon is part of the mind control .political correctness ,control of words ,its is not pedantic .When people hear air WEAPON they think dead children BAN . When they hear air gun they think , club ,shooting ,fishing ,kids having fun .the control of peoples minds is done by words you are defending the SNP deliberate use of the word weapon by calling me pedantic . 1984 2+2=5

• Like 1

Tah Dah !! Kenny fuckwit McKaskill strikes again.

Total arsehole pandering to the tabloid fed masses who are as thick as him

Well ! Kenny,, congratulations,, my 12ft Lb rifle, will be tuned and FAC`d as fast as you can say, " make your gun more powerfull to avoid my half arsed ill thought out bill !

You f***ing dick.

• Like 2

my sentiments exactly

if i,m forced to get a licience for my airguns then i may as well go the whole hog and get a firearm certificate

if i do that then i may as well get myself a .22 rimfire as i can meet all the conditions required to own one.

the reason i haven,t bothered with an fac in the past is because i couldn,t be bothered with all the hassle and my non fac airguns do the job.

there have been times where i,ve thought an fac rated gun would be handy but again i,ve not thought it worth the hassle.

i haven,t really used my airguns much recently but i wouldn,t be prepared to give them up.

so in my particular case i will be going from someone who occasionally uses a sub 12ftlb airgun to someone who will be using fac rated guns more than i do at the moment because there are more occasions where i could use one.

so again congratulations kenny you will be increasing the number of firearms and you have given me the kick up the backside i,ve needed for years to finnaly get my finger out and apply for my fac

my fac holding friends have been at me for years so i,ll need to get them to send you a thank you card

• Like 1

A got sentenced to 3 year 9 months in 2012. [NO TEXT TALK] know if I am allowed to own air gun or use air gun with this new bill

no mate i wouldnt have said so over 3 1/2 years its a lifetime ban ive nown of people get these overturned but not untill atleast 5years with no other convictions

• Like 1

I like how this air gun control started after a drug addict took pot shots at his drug dealers sons with an over powered air gun [ a firearm something you need a licence for then , today and in the future ] . Bonini was charged with murder ,I dont care that he was but I thought you have to intend to kill some one by your actions to be charged with murder . I would suggest Bonini meant to hurt his victims , some people get charged with manslaughter only after public complaints [ Ian Tomlinson ] .The fact that it is now known if you shoot people for fun you will get locked up for a long time , no problem with that ,but if you beat someone while wearing a costume thats fine . Who is in charge of the police in Scotland . People every where we are all in for a bit more control on and on until we live in a prison no voting no complaining we the sheepole are f..k.d .

Well not to flog a dead horse, this has come up in previous chats. Everything is and still will be until after the Scottish Independent referendum and then the damn thing will be likely to rear it's head to save upsetting the clubs and individuals who legitimately use air rifles and pistols and lose the 'yes' votes.

pretty much like doing a sweetner in the budget before an election!!!!!