You probably heard this a thousand times I have moved from Birmingham where I done a lot of air rifle shooting for rabbits and pigeon on and around little Aston but since moving to preston the only time my gun comes out is for a clean I am considering selling because I still can't find land to shoot on witch would be a very sad day for me as I got into shooting when I left school as I worked for David Hancock on his poultry farm for a while and had the pleasure to meet a go ratting with Brian Plummer so if anyone can help me plz plz get back to me thank you reading my article hope her from some

• Like 1

Hello mate and welcome. All I can say is: Don't Give up. You might end up regretting it. Are there any clubs around? Do you drive, if so, how far would you be prepared to travel for a day out shooting. Theres probably people on here that travel further than me, but I sometimes travel up to eighty miles in a round trip for a day out shooting. Its well worth it. Something will come along. Keep your hopes up mate

• Like 2

You have to get it off your own back, were all in this game together and trying to keep what permissions we have, let alone find more work out there: it's not something were willing to give up for anyone, let alone a stranger to the forum (no offence)

One good thing to do is get yourself some business cards, hand them out to any friends or people who may pass them on or try knocking some doors, look presentable and show you're willing to do the job with precision and ease. Take any documents like an FAC, insurance details or details that you may think they'd like to see- you don't want any landowner feel like they're dealing with novices or anyone who may cause any accidents/damage.

My relations being landlords/owners, you wont believe half the stuff they tell me about "pest control" showing up in old scruffs, no paper work, no ID or insurance details, rifles in hand and ready to go and make a mess.

Try to be professional ;)

White

• Like 3

I've tried to find land I even googled all the farms around preston and surrounding areas and spent a few quid in phone calls with no luck but I will keep trying as I am new here trying to use this site I am not sure about the bullshit bit was it aimed at me about working at hancocks farm and going ratting with Plummer but hay oh I no the truth but as for the feed back would like to cheers lads that for the help

• Like 2

I know it sounds soft but I've moved from Telford back to my mums on the Wirral (same journey almost) but there places around here covered by farm land, the farmers and landowners aren't on google so it's a case of hopping on your bicycle sometimes and finding even the odd house to ask who owns the land behind them....

It will all pay off, it's hard work initially but you'll get there and I'm sure you'll be pleased you went the extra mile to get it :thumbs:

The forum is full of people who have done this process once or many times before, so were all here to share our experience, advice or give ideas.

Keep us posted on your progress ;)

• Like 2

Hi Andrew

Another way is to knock the famers door and ask if they need a hand during lambing/ sillage and in return all you ask for is rites to shoot on his/hers land. it sounds a bit forward but it works.....at least it has for me in the past and as whiterabbit said turn up looking half decent goes a long way as farmers are very suspicious of strangers.

Keep plugging on like Mark said, it will pay off mate.

Andy :victory:

• Like 3

Andrew, don't limit yourself to looking at farm land, round Preston there are many industrial estates and office complexes, often surounded by fancy grass areas that suffer from rabbit damage, perfect places for air rifle use as they are usually closed to the public after hours.. A word with the management might produce results - but go presentable !!!

• Like 2

Hi Andrew

Have you tried the local council? Find out if they have a rabbit problem in any of the cemetaries/ graveyards. Around here they issue permits to shoot the little buggers due to the damage they cause to graves (burrowing under head stones etc). Also try golf courses, you may find that they have people already but it's worth a go mate. :hmm:

• Like 1