Which Gun Do I Buy

Hi I'm jcs and I have the joined this forum because I have recently got back into air rifle shooting and enjoy talking about guns and shoots, now for my issue I currently own a air arms tx200 in.177 calibre and have found the gun to be brilliant in everyway it has a hawke 3-9x50 mil dot ir scope on it and it is far better than other guns I've owned in the past. Anyway my issue is I'm now after another rifle in the same calibre but a pcp I've decided on the make which will be a bsa but can't decide on either the scorpion se or the r-10 mk2 and I am buying my girlfriend a ultra se multishot so which is better the r-10 or the scorpion. Regards jcs

R-10 all the way mate. You'll not go wrong with one. Not heavy but not too light. I have the vc one which is awesome but you can get it with a shroud which makes it look the mutts nuts. There's a lot of opinions which is quieter but that's up to you.

All round great rifle.

ATB.

Hi mate,

I think the r10 is definitely a better gun as new. I've never shot one but have held them and they are really nice. For what they cost, they surely can't shoot bad. I have a scorpion and when I got it, I thought it was garbage. However, the scorpion has now been to xtx and been serviced and fitted with a regulator. I can honestly say it is now one of the best guns I've ever owned. Accuracy is excellent.

Altogether that cost around 200 pound with postage to and from xtx on top of the price of the gun. I think that brings it to around the same price as an r10 that hasn't been touched (I'm not sure what the r10s cost, I'm thinking around the 700-800 pound mark?)

The r10 can go to xtx aswell and have all that done to it but by then you'd be getting in to what I consider to be daft money!

Hope this gives you an idea as to what is available.

Adam

Thanks for all the time and info folks so the scorpions great but the r-10 is great straight out of the box as I don't really want to be sending it away as soon as I get it. So I take it there is no issues with it anymore like there use to be. And arr they heavier or lighter than my tx200 springer. An how do you guys rate the ultra se multishot as I am on about getting my girlfriend one.

Also can you fill a pcp from a compressor and if so what attachments do I need to do so or do you have to use a divers bottle or Styrrup pump thanks.

The R10 is much lighter than a TX200 and if you shop around you can get one with superb tigerstripe grain. You cant fill from a normal type compresser because they dont produce a high enough pressure.as you stated you need a divers bottle or a stirup pump to fill it. personally after having a R10 and a Ultra se, I would get a AA 410 or a AA510 because they are much easier to strip/repair/ or do a little fettling yourself. the BSA's are awkward to strip in comparison to the AA PC's.

Thankyou for the information tron. The ultra is for are lass and r10 is gonna be my little beauty. I've seen the tiger stripe and yes it looks very nice do you know much of the reliability of the r10's cos I do really like them

Yep, buy a second hand weihrauch springer mate. I've a twenty odd year old hw80 and twenty five year old hw77, both of which are blisteringly accurate and proper solidly built.

I paid 150 notes apiece, both cheaper than most entry level guns and both vastly superior to anything available new in the same price range.

Thankyou for the information tron. The ultra is for are lass and r10 is gonna be my little beauty. I've seen the tiger stripe and yes it looks very nice do you know much of the reliability of the r10's cos I do really like them

Even the new r 10 still have problems , I had one VC .177 and it was good as gold but I just hated, it to long,I all so have a ultra which I sent of to XTX Air for a reg and that shot a lot better than my r10 and still got it ,never had any thing go wrong with the ultra even after 4 years ,shoots spot on

In all fairness, they are both respectfully good PCP rifles and the fact they're UK manufactured, should you have any issues: you won't need to send them far. So far, as a current BSA fan boy I've never had to send anything away but just a good reassurance feeling when dealing with PCPs as to springers :)

There is quite a price bracket between these rifles. If money is no issue, the R10 is a seriously good rifle and plenty more features to the scorpion, but the scorpion still makes a good rifle and with the change left from not buying the R10- you could always get a good silencer, bipod and other bits for the same price....

Lots of variables to consider but BSA is a good path to follow :thumbs:

White