First Kill With New Air Rifle

just had my first kill after a couple of weeks target shooting a woody sat on a branch 63 paces away (not good at estimating distances ) with my new rifle , its a stoeger x20 suppressor .177 i know its not the best gun in the world but i couldnt get used to judging distances with the .22 hw99s i bought myself for xmas so swapped it for the stoeger as it was the only thing i got offered in .177 it may not shoot as smooth but so far so good :)

• Like 1

had 4 more woodys today , wish i bought the hw99 in .177 as thats the only calibre i have ever used but thought i would try .22 but the stoeger is i think a half decent gun for the money that i can shoot with more accuracy than i could the hw

well done tex my budget didnt stretch to pcp , sternyboy i am definately impressed with mine some of the uk reviews i read were putting me off abit but they seem to get good write ups in the states got a magpie today and hopefully get to try it on the rabbits this week :)

How quiet are these stoegers though?

I keep reading that they're the quietest on the market but how quiet are they and by how much for a springer?

Well done on the kills, always good starting with the birds and this time of year when farmers are out in the field, there's plenty to go for ;)

White

Thanks pappabear, I was lucky with the deal on my Scorpion, stoegers 4x16x40 IR scope, SAK mod and too be fair a cheap Buffalo River bag and 500 RWS pellets all for less than £450. I have seen alot dearer but spent quite some time shopping around.

More Magpies for me this weekend, it's like they've invaded

Happy hunting

My local rfd sell more x20s than any other springer. Very good budget air rifle.

dont worry about starting on a springer. I think most people do. I know I did. I had a 99s. it was an amazing little rifle. it took me ages to save up to get a pcp.

I have an SMK b3f free to a good home, (iron sights seperate) and a smk 4x20 sight somewhere

It was a gimme to me so should be passed on the same,sights cost me £20 way back so who cares, collect it it's yours

• Like 1