White Bubbles In Eyes?

I gave Charlie my tow cents.... Witch you proclaimed stupid?... You are right I've never read back yard flock.... Don't need to I'm not raiseing some laying hens in my back yard.... I breed gamefowl!... I've learn the hard way I've cured dozen of cocks/stags over the years and sent for every medication and drugs imaginable only to be let down when it counted with the same birds.... So I got rid of all them.... I treat for worms... Lice... And cocci anythink else gets the chop.... but like I seid I can see why that Mayt be hard you burnie.... How gonna sell them if there dead?

Edited by Ukroosterman
  • Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this is the same thing lads but pheasants get a similar thing and it's called Mycoplasma??? If so and you can get your hands on Batril you can give them a dose and see what happens. Wort

Give them a good dose of Baytril mate. I know it's expensive but don't scrimp on it and give it for the recommended dosage. As for disinfectant I've always used Stalosan( check spelling).. It's a pin

Tylan, Licospectrum, avilosin, Pulmatil will all treat this infection. As for killing everything dont be daft and its stupid advice get it treated then you know where you stand.

Like I seid I medicate for cocci..... So I have no problams with it.... But if one shows symptoms he's culled.... And what hole is that?.. burnie you have either not been in this game very long and know no better..... Or your peddler who raises everythink he can.... Who's attitude is why would kill it when I can sell to someone else

Peddler , Greenhorn is stsrting to be your favourite saying are you one???????

As I've already stated who know me , know .

So if your medicating for cocci are you precautionary treating or are you treating when you think you've got it.

Your starting to contradict what your saying here?

Precautionary I treat for cocci worms and lice that's it! Any fowl that look sick or I'll get culled! It's not rock Science now try get your head around it!.... So what do you do with all these birds witch are disease/I'll which you medicate to there well again? simple question lets here your answer! As any decent breeder knows if keep breed disease fowl they will only breed more

You carry on precautionary medicating fella your that much of a expert you dont realise your doing more harm good. Another thing is your talking about diseases . Have you ever heard of secondary infections. You see this is caused by stress of the bird not being treated in the 1st place so gentically its bollocks about it being carried on with some diseases yes some will be in the egg but not all so this is were a little bit of advice on medicating comes handy. Cocci is a infection in the gut pick up by the bird out of the ground or dropping of another bird. Were and when does this go to the off spring. Uk I could go on but I'm making you look silly now.

so peddler maybe not fella

I'll tell you what I do . I use a spray for mites its band in this country but you can get it from ireland called tack tick. Cocci can show its ugly head as early as 2 weeks old. But using cinder vinger in your water at 1ml per litre will reduce the chance no end. People who rear on the same pens year after year will be more prone to others. To be honest in chickens I haven't had it but in pheasants I have. Use baycox but its says on the bottle 1ml per litre thats a precautionary dose depending on the age it could be up to 2.5ml per litre. Get em out on the grass free roaming you'd be unlucky if you got it. But then again it depends how many you've got. Uou can tell alot from a birds droppings way before any other signs show.

• Like 1

Precautionary I treat for cocci worms and lice that's it! Any fowl that look sick or I'll get culled! It's not rock Science now try get your head around it!.... So what do you do with all these birds witch are disease/I'll which you medicate to there well again? simple question lets here your answer! As any decent breeder knows if keep breed disease fowl they will only breed more

So you cull if you get cocci?? You must like wasting money.

• Like 1

Thats mycoplasma alright you can medicate but they will still have it there's no 100% cure and it can transfer true the eggs and infact thats the most common way its spread chicks hatch and appear healthy but if they get confined or overcrowed thats when it will show its ugly head its up to your self what you do.

The only way to breed strong health fowl is to breed from brood fowl who's never had a sick day in there life...... starting from when they hatch... If cure ever chicken that gets sick what you gonna end up?..... you get some half wits on here who's read few books and think they now somethink.... Bookworms

• Like 1