Eating Alfresco

I have quite a few jobs that are two day contracts and it makes economical sense to pitch a tent and stay overnight rather than travel back and fore ... I do enjoy cooking on the back of the truck with a mug of wine and plenty of piece and quiet .......

image-77.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your having a BBQ make sure you use local made stuff. Burns hotter, lights easier and helps keep a roof over my head (not that I'm ever in the house if I can help it).

I'm not to sure on which section to post this in but I thought I'd share this afternoons experiment with you all.   We've had the old wood burner lying about all winter and with this dry spell I'v

This is my fire pit at the end of the garden, that's a leg of venison on the spit from some time last summer. We cook out there every weekend if the weathers dry. Cooked a joint of pork yesterday, not

Posted Images

Feck me ,,,look at the state of the back of that truck,,,,you need mrs vin,,socks,,,nothing out of place everything triple wrapped to keep muck out,,,kitchen towel,,hand wipes,,,surgical gloves,,,lol

• Like 1

I have quite a few jobs that are two day contracts and it makes economical sense to pitch a tent and stay overnight rather than travel back and fore ... I do enjoy cooking on the back of the truck with a mug of wine and plenty of piece and quiet .......

image-77.jpg

Them stoves are wank. Especially in winter. I had you down as a hex man :laugh:

• Like 2

If you can weld trivets are easy to make. I saw a horseshoe one at a show for £25. I asked the farrier when he was doing the bosses horses if he could spare some old shoes and he gave me a bucket full. I brought the spit and motor but you can pick up everything you need for outdoor cooking from scrap bins, car boots and charity shops. My hog roast is a water trough, a sheep fodder beet feeder, old drill discs, a g clamp, a length of inch steel rod, some corrugated sheet and some bolts so it all dismantles to store in the shed. Bit of time and ingenuity and we fed 150 guests at our wedding. Another good idea I saw in a coppice magazine is the drum from a washing machine makes a handy fire basket and a frying pan sits on top. Just so happens I acquired one of those from a plumber which is waiting in the shed.

Good job I didn't throw away the old washing machine :D ............. :yes:

If your having a BBQ make sure you use local made stuff. Burns hotter, lights easier and helps keep a roof over my head (not that I'm ever in the house if I can help it).

Thats something I've always fancied a go at....................................what timber is the best ?

Feck me ,,,look at the state of the back of that truck,,,,you need mrs vin,,socks,,,nothing out of place everything triple wrapped to keep muck out,,,kitchen towel,,hand wipes,,,surgical gloves,,,lol

He is like a fukcing old woman lol ........

I have quite a few jobs that are two day contracts and it makes economical sense to pitch a tent and stay overnight rather than travel back and fore ... I do enjoy cooking on the back of the truck with a mug of wine and plenty of piece and quiet .......image-77.jpg

Them stoves are wank. Especially in winter. I had you down as a hex man :laugh:

Fukc the hexi smelly horrible things ... A peak stove is the way forward I just didn't have any fuel for mine ... Actually must get some in ..........

image-77.jpg

:laugh:

I've got a similar stove for fishing, great for a cuppa.............................A mug very sophisticated :D

Yeah nice day Raw wasnt it. Got the same today. Ive not long come in from the garden - from yesterday.. Had a beer up and bbq, then when it got dark, fired up the gas bottle wood burner. I ended up sleeping in the garden with my daughter, shes still out there lol. Dunno why she always gets the best bedchair :censored::laugh:

Very nice and a good one today...............I going to steal your idea and set the bivvy up and tell the little un we camping out tomorrow :D

Two camp beds though :laugh::yes:

• Like 1

20140413_140409_zps43419395.jpg

Very nice and thank f**k you never gave it the scrap lads round your way!!! Seen a few of them in sweden and id put money on that coming from over there!!! How did you end up with it mate???