Eating Alfresco

Dutch ovens. I use. Raw. And a fire pit Its the romany gene lol

I just Googled them :icon_redface: .....................I've seen old pics of family's sat around the fire all staring at the contents

What are the stews like ?

. You can cook any thing in them. Go on you tube

:thumbs:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your having a BBQ make sure you use local made stuff. Burns hotter, lights easier and helps keep a roof over my head (not that I'm ever in the house if I can help it).

I'm not to sure on which section to post this in but I thought I'd share this afternoons experiment with you all.   We've had the old wood burner lying about all winter and with this dry spell I'v

This is my fire pit at the end of the garden, that's a leg of venison on the spit from some time last summer. We cook out there every weekend if the weathers dry. Cooked a joint of pork yesterday, not

Posted Images

This is my fire pit at the end of the garden, that's a leg of venison on the spit from some time last summer. We cook out there every weekend if the weathers dry. Cooked a joint of pork yesterday, nothing better than cooking outdoors. Get a decent cast iron pan, kettle and a good sized pot and you'll never want to use your kitchen again. My eldest daughter is 2 and she loves sitting outdoors eating round the fire. Built myself a hog roast out of bits I found on the farm. It's 8' I can cook 2 pigs at a time with the heads off, hoping I can get a dexter or a veal calf on it for my 40th in a few years time.

post-4572-0-48503300-1397419881_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Have you noticed how times have changed

It wasn't that long ago we used to eat in the house and shite outside

Now we are shiteing inside and eating outside

Who came up with that idea

Have you noticed how times have changed

It wasn't that long ago we used to eat in the house and shite outside

Now we are shiteing inside and eating outside

Who came up with that idea

shall i look out for a more up to date joke book for ya,,, ;)

Trivet I made out of horseshoes and some scrap bar. Perfect for the kettle or the pan. Goes in with my chainsaw gear when I'm working in the winter.

Trivet I made out of horseshoes and some scrap bar. Perfect for the kettle or the pan. Goes in with my chainsaw gear when I'm working in the winter.

horse shoes on the other end make a nice plant stand indoor or outdoor plants different heights :hmm:

Dutch ovens are quality i use em all the time when i take the boy what i call( mans camping) no tent etc,make a shelter build a fire cook your food.He loves it only 5 and iam sure hed do it all the time if he could!

• Like 2

Dutch ovens. I use. Raw. And a fire pit Its the romany gene lol

I just Googled them :icon_redface: .....................I've seen old pics of family's sat around the fire all staring at the contents

What are the stews like ?

. You can cook any thing in them. Go on you tube

:thumbs:

. Ronnie sunshines or military mart do them and horse shoe stands
  • Like 1

If you can weld trivets are easy to make. I saw a horseshoe one at a show for £25. I asked the farrier when he was doing the bosses horses if he could spare some old shoes and he gave me a bucket full. I brought the spit and motor but you can pick up everything you need for outdoor cooking from scrap bins, car boots and charity shops. My hog roast is a water trough, a sheep fodder beet feeder, old drill discs, a g clamp, a length of inch steel rod, some corrugated sheet and some bolts so it all dismantles to store in the shed. Bit of time and ingenuity and we fed 150 guests at our wedding. Another good idea I saw in a coppice magazine is the drum from a washing machine makes a handy fire basket and a frying pan sits on top. Just so happens I acquired one of those from a plumber which is waiting in the shed.

• Like 2

Sorry for the multiple posts but couldn't get all the photos on one post. This ones been on before, a grill is another essential bit of kit for cooking a trout or toasting a sandwich when I'm working.

keep them coming I've no likes left :thumbs:

I might try something similar in athe week :yes:

Yeah nice day Raw wasnt it. Got the same today. Ive not long come in from the garden - from yesterday.. Had a beer up and bbq, then when it got dark, fired up the gas bottle wood burner. I ended up sleeping in the garden with my daughter, shes still out there lol. Dunno why she always gets the best bedchair :censored::laugh:

• Like 1

Someone is mocking me, spent all weekend in the rain and wind cutting a 9 meter drainage channel through slabs, digging out the waste...eventually gave up at 14:00 yesterday due to the rain....get up to go to work this morning....blue sky and not a cloud in sight - doh!

• Like 3