A mate recently bought a 8 month old pup and previous owners fed him Bakers complete. he wants to get him off it and onto Beta but now he really won't eat anything else. Is there anything wrong with Bakers though? anyone feed it?

NO , I would not just feed complete, I use it as mixer wit raw, but not Bakers, I use CJS, theres lots of better completes out there.

Buy a decent one, and mix some raw beef mince into it, along with some shredded veg, and your pup should eat it.

• Like 1

It won't starve it self mate, buy what you want it eat offer it for 10 mins if it doesn't eat it take it away till the next day for 10 mins and repeat but don't let this go on for more than 3 days if it does you need add plenty of meat in this biscuit so it eat atb

Add a little bit of the new feed mixed into the old and gradually increase over a week or so. Sudden changes can upset their stomachs so this will stop that as well as get it used to eating a new feed. I'd start to add in table scraps to get it used to variety and go from there..

• Like 3

Add a little bit of the new feed mixed into the old and gradually increase over a week or so. Sudden changes can upset their stomachs so this will stop that as well as get it used to eating a new feed. I'd start to add in table scraps to get it used to variety and go from there..

Probably the best way to do it. Although i hate fussy eaters tbh. Fussy pups tend to end up as fussy adults. I like a dog to eat whatever is put in front it. That way..if ever they do turn their nose up..you know something is amiss...Fussy picky eaters are the devil to diagnose when something is amiss.

• Like 5

Both the above posts are spot on. Personally, I like to see a dog leave it's bowl spinning. :yes:

Like Stabba, i have a dislike for dogs that are picky and fussy and I say this from returning from me mam's after throwing out her little dogs bowl of crusted food. :censored:

In the summer months, with a fussy mutt, it really can be dodgy. :bad:

Bakers is full of banned additives and ingredients from the human food chain. All Purina foods are, just type "banned ingredients in purina pet food" into google, it's scary.

If you have to feed complete food then go for the best your budget will allow. There is a review site here:

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory

• Like 1