Springing Back In To Action

Hello you lot, just thought that I would throw a post up in here to say hello again and see who is still here and whats going on.

Used to be on here as Hyperion ages ago and then just had a break from pretty much everything shooting related for a while but now the deer stalking itch is being scratched and things seem to be settling down in other areas I found my self the other day wandering into a gun shop at random just for a look round as you do when the air rifles caught my eye..............

Half an hour later I'm home zeroing a Webley Long bow in the my garden :boogy:

Off to find a new bit of ratting ground in the morning :victory:

Feels good to be shooting a springer again

Cheers

Pete

• Like 3

Hi Pete. Welcome.

A great spring rifle in its time the Webley Longbow. It was a good looker and had great potential as a hunter/sporter. Alas Webley went through a change of management that proved an inept disaster for this once-fine British maker and this rifle never saw the light of developement it deserved. Equally, it's a shame Eley wasps are made to unacceptably poor standards nowadays because this pellet (when Eley were making them) was a killer in a Longbow in .22. What pellets are you using nowadays?

Looking forward to reading your further posts about shooting this rifle. Good to read of one being used and enjoyed again. :thumbs:

Best wishes.

Simon

• Like 1

I'm feeding her on RWS super domes at the mo Pianoman and she seems to like em!

The longbow is very light compared to my old TX and even my Phoenix is heavier so that's taking a lot of getting use to but I'm loving shooting a break barrel again, I will try and get some pics up a little later.

Cheers

• Like 1

A top secret location just off the Canford Bottom round about near Wimborne :laugh:

I am About a mile from the top secret location

Always good to meet another local :thumbs:

Us Southerners should be able to give the Geordie boys a run for the money now :laugh: :laugh:

PM if you want to go shooting