Trout Fishing?

Out today on a big river,my little 30 quid rod size12 hooks a few worms and a lurcher.Lovley spot nice walk.

Ruined though by the salmon men,Every one wanting to see my permit,Checking i wasnt using prawns,phone calls to the club officals, me using worms would mean me catching the salmon. .

The lads spend there whole summer there without catching one,As one lad moves out of a swim the next lad moves into it :laugh:

Why ban the things that work, i asked why they banned prawns" becouse there to good at catching them" So you ban things that catch salmon then spend all day every day spinning in hope of catching one at some point, While being paroined about lads that dont give a flying monkeys about poxy salmon.

So are salmon lads the full ticket Im thinking not :hmm:

Edited by weasle

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 7 Caught a fish Like to tell you i released it but i didnt,Didnt weigh it either,Just grilled it with some herb butter

During the warmer months one ruse we used on deep pools was to tie a dead animal in a tree overhanging the pool, as it got maggot ridden the maggots would drop into the pool and ground bait it for you

HI there when I trotting worms I use a bit of blue tack about 18 inch above the hook u save a few bob on lead and if u get snagged it just comes of

Posted Images

Out today on a big river,my little 30 quid rod size12 hooks a few worms and a lurcher.Lovley spot nice walk.

Ruined though by the salmon men,Every one wanting to see my permit,Checking i wasnt using prawns,phone calls to the club officals, me using worms would mean me catching the salmon. .

The lads spend there whole summer there without catching one,As one lad moves out of a swim the next lad moves into it :laugh:

Why ban the things that work, i asked why they banned prawns" becouse there to good at catching them" So you ban things that catch salmon then spend all day every day spinning in hope of catching one at some point, While being paroined about lads that dont give a flying monkeys about poxy salmon.

So are salmon lads the full ticket Im thinking not :hmm:

erm no! their trying to catch a fish that dosent feed in fresh water for a start...i know a old boy why fishes one beat and has done the same week every year all day for over 20 years and has never landed a salmon and he is 80 and will keep doing so till he eather dies or gets his salmon..............

• Like 1

So why make it harder by banning stuff that work.

Its like me banning myself from ferreting and lamping(or buying a coliex) Then wondering around catching nothing all winter.

Blaming every thing from poleish,legal netters,illeagle netters,Lads pretending to be fishing for trout while emptying the river of salmon blah blah.

Looks a bit mad to me..