Get Them Grafting When They're Young...!!!!!!

Gnash your spoon is on par with Baws tonight lol...

Nah im only on the north/south thing.................. :D i think they are blinding walls got bags of character to them........and plenty strong enough as i once found out when i thought i could kick one over :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16

Gnash your spoon is on par with Baws tonight lol...

Nah im only on the north/south thing.................. :D i think they are blinding walls got bags of character to them........and plenty strong enough as i once found out when i thought i could kick one over :laugh:

They've definitely stood the test of time mate, up the moors yesterday I was telling the kids that the walls were 100s of years old... Just stone laid on stone lol

and when they do that out in bangladesh we call it child slavery................................... :D

brilliant borderscot. i have my three year old mucking out the stock with me regular. had her drilling the walls to put up shelves the other day, the mrs came in, shook her head and walked out again ...effectively i killed two birds with one stone!

They love being out....good for them....gets them moving and breathing fresh air.....sleep at night too... :thumbs:

That's the theory anyway.... :laugh:

As some of you know I do a bit up north in the dales,,,and I can never get my head round them walls,,,in some respects there a work of art,,,and it amazes me to see them going up real steep fells dam near vertical in some spots,,, and I can't get me head round the sheer work involved to do such a thing,,,,,you think back to farmers doing this hundreds of years ago and wonder how they found the time,,,,and even today you wonder wear the money comes from ,,because it's such a labour intensive thing to undertake...

Hats of to ya borderscot,,,,a real old country skill you have there,,,

• Like 1

As some of you know I do a bit up north in the dales,,,and I can never get my head round them walls,,,in some respects there a work of art,,,and it amazes me to see them going up real steep fells dam near vertical in some spots,,, and I can't get me head round the sheer work involved to do such a thing,,,,,you think back to farmers doing this hundreds of years ago and wonder how they found the time,,,,and even today you wonder wear the money comes from ,,because it's such a labour intensive thing to undertake...

Hats of to ya borderscot,,,,a real old country skill you have there,,,

. Labour was cheap tomo. Walling gangs travelled from place to place Was getting told last year one area was done by two sisters and when you look at the terrane they built. Them in they must have been some women , ponys and bars to get the big gear over but the rest is just graft shear hard graft ,

Good on ya lad I bloody hate dyking with a passion don't know how many times I've had the ends of my fingers blue building dykes back up

You should teach your dog to jump then lol. Can't beat the sight of seeing a hare sneaking up the side of a stone wall. They're good shelter too when the horizontal rain comes on.

Good on ya lad I bloody hate dyking with a passion don't know how many times I've had the ends of my fingers blue building dykes back up

You should teach your dog to jump then lol. Can't beat the sight of seeing a hare sneaking up the side of a stone wall. They're good shelter too when the horizontal rain comes on.
its not the dog that can't jump baw its the fat c**t trying too keep up with the dog lol but no it's when I used too work on the farms if the old boys could not find you a job you were usally sent out too fix up the dykes and put the top stones back on