Hob Jab ? Is There Such A Thing ?

Guest vin

The Jill Jab is used to bring the Jill's out of season etc etc.

I was wondering if the same applies to Hob ferrets ?

I have 2 Hobs I would not want to castrate etc etc but also feel sorry for them pacing the run with aching balls..

I would have them snipped in the future..but I think they will be fathering a litter of kits before that,,Just not this summer.

Is there any way of taking a Hob out of season ? But not permanently .

What do you mean not this summer,,,

Have you forgot about my Jill ,,,,she's almost ready now

Yes don't worry mate.."Chuckles" is ready.. you should have seen him yesterday chasing me across the warren trying to take his prize back.

He,s also got to service a couple of Jills for the keeper on the estate .

I was just wondering if there was any other form of relief for the poor lads when they have finished Stud duties and are sat there with a full ball sack and nothing to do but ache.

Just got off phone my local Vet ( he know his stuff with ferrets and likes them a lot ).

He said there just been an article in the VETS TIMES about ferrets etc etc and the use of Implants in Hob ferrets etc etc

Basically up until now there was no implant for Hobs but there is one now that was developed for dogs etc etc and can be used on Ferrets..it has been tested and approved but there is still some questionable issues..

1. Price.. minimum use is pair of implants @ £360 per pair plus cost of operation etc etc...approx £450 at my place for 2 HOBS.

2. They may last a lifetime or possibly only last a year and may need replacing.

Can anyone post a link to the article in the Vets Times ? it also covered a few other issues with ferrets which sounded very interesting.

I read a thread about the doggie men on here wanking their dog for their specimen, If you find out who it was maybe they will happily relieve your hobs :victory:

surely they cant draw the line at ferrets. :hmm:

You might have found your calling there fella...Ferret wanker...great summertime job. . . crack on !