Hw100 Arrives & Night Shooting Rabbits

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't tested the number of shots from the HW100K yet but from what I've been reading, the carbine versions produces between 45 & 50 shots in 177.   I'll do a test when the stock arrives. I

I get 5 mags out of my 100ks. never fill to 300 daz

are you having a funny turn or some thing , have you taken your medication yet Hw 100s are one of the quietest guns about ,a lot quieter than any BSA

Posted Images

I haven't tested the number of shots from the HW100K yet but from what I've been reading, the carbine versions produces between 45 & 50 shots in 177.

I'll do a test when the stock arrives. I plan to use it for rabbits during the day and will be fitting a mtc mamba light scope on top of it. I don't think I'll need more than 50 shots to be honest unless the rabbits start breeding like crazy on my permissions.

• Like 3

Oh yes, sorry forgot u don't have the stock yet. The reason I asked was because before I got the regulator, I could compare a group from the t-10 to a springer and there wouldn't be much in it. However afterwards I took it to the range to try it out and got one hole groups, less than 5p in size. Found it very boring though to be honest but seeing as though I tend not to shoot targets I was very happy and obviously took a photo of the target. I showed it to my mate and he said "my HW100 can do better than that, pellet on pellet"

It wasn't far off pellet on pellet anyway!! So I wondered if he may have just been exaggerating slightly!?

Even before the reg, your T10 should be producing tight groups. When unregged, did you note it's optimum pressure point over it's power curve? You might have also been using pellets it didn't like. Anyway glad it's shooting accuracy now.

Regarding your mate's statement - as long as you're happy with its accuracy, that's the main thing. Ask him to have a go to see for yourself. My T10 has a 37 yards zero (using a hawke nighteater scope) which on x9 mag gives me a 1 mildot holdover at 47 yards. I've shot a 5p sized group at 47 yards before on a nice, still summers evening before I went after some rabbits. Mine's a 177. I was happy with that.

• Like 1

Oh yes, sorry forgot u don't have the stock yet. The reason I asked was because before I got the regulator, I could compare a group from the t-10 to a springer and there wouldn't be much in it. However afterwards I took it to the range to try it out and got one hole groups, less than 5p in size. Found it very boring though to be honest but seeing as though I tend not to shoot targets I was very happy and obviously took a photo of the target. I showed it to my mate and he said "my HW100 can do better than that, pellet on pellet"

It wasn't far off pellet on pellet anyway!! So I wondered if he may have just been exaggerating slightly!?

Even before the reg, your T10 should be producing tight groups. When unregged, did you note it's optimum pressure point over it's power curve? You might have also been using pellets it didn't like. Anyway glad it's shooting accuracy now.

Regarding your mate's statement - as long as you're happy with its accuracy, that's the main thing. Ask him to have a go to see for yourself. My T10 has a 37 yards zero (using a hawke nighteater scope) which on x9 mag gives me a 1 mildot holdover at 47 yards. I've shot a 5p sized group at 47 yards before on a nice, still summers evening before I went after some rabbits. Mine's a 177. I was happy with that.

No mate, it wasn't the best. Might have just been the pellets but it was no where near as good as an s400 I used to have.

With regards to the pressure, it doesn't have a guage so I'd never really know what pressure it's at. If I went out before it got the reg, I'd just put 180bar in just so it wasn't right up to max. Now I obviously don't need to worry about that and it gets 130bar and I just fill it roughly every 8/9 magazines.

5p sized group at 47 yds, can't grumble at that pal!!!

I went out yesterday with my hw98 and chronoed it, couldn't be bothered carrying the hw100 aswell lol

at the weekend I will take my hw100kt .22 , pump and a couple of tins of jsb exacts and a pen and notepad and my f1 chrony to do a full string to see how many shots I get and at what power. :thumbs:

I'ma just gonna shoot rabbits................ LOL

O

Oh yes, sorry forgot u don't have the stock yet. The reason I asked was because before I got the regulator, I could compare a group from the t-10 to a springer and there wouldn't be much in it. However afterwards I took it to the range to try it out and got one hole groups, less than 5p in size. Found it very boring though to be honest but seeing as though I tend not to shoot targets I was very happy and obviously took a photo of the target. I showed it to my mate and he said "my HW100 can do better than that, pellet on pellet"It wasn't far off pellet on pellet anyway!! So I wondered if he may have just been exaggerating slightly!?

Even before the reg, your T10 should be producing tight groups. When unregged, did you note it's optimum pressure point over it's power curve? You might have also been using pellets it didn't like. Anyway glad it's shooting accuracy now. Regarding your mate's statement - as long as you're happy with its accuracy, that's the main thing. Ask him to have a go to see for yourself. My T10 has a 37 yards zero (using a hawke nighteater scope) which on x9 mag gives me a 1 mildot holdover at 47 yards. I've shot a 5p sized group at 47 yards before on a nice, still summers evening before I went after some rabbits. Mine's a 177. I was happy with that.
No mate, it wasn't the best. Might have just been the pellets but it was no where near as good as an s400 I used to have.With regards to the pressure, it doesn't have a guage so I'd never really know what pressure it's at. If I went out before it got the reg, I'd just put 180bar in just so it wasn't right up to max. Now I obviously don't need to worry about that and it gets 130bar and I just fill it roughly every 8/9 magazines.5p sized group at 47 yds, can't grumble at that pal!!!

Oh yes, sorry forgot u don't have the stock yet. The reason I asked was because before I got the regulator, I could compare a group from the t-10 to a springer and there wouldn't be much in it. However afterwards I took it to the range to try it out and got one hole groups, less than 5p in size. Found it very boring though to be honest but seeing as though I tend not to shoot targets I was very happy and obviously took a photo of the target. I showed it to my mate and he said "my HW100 can do better than that, pellet on pellet"It wasn't far off pellet on pellet anyway!! So I wondered if he may have just been exaggerating slightly!?

Even before the reg, your T10 should be producing tight groups. When unregged, did you note it's optimum pressure point over it's power curve? You might have also been using pellets it didn't like. Anyway glad it's shooting accuracy now. Regarding your mate's statement - as long as you're happy with its accuracy, that's the main thing. Ask him to have a go to see for yourself. My T10 has a 37 yards zero (using a hawke nighteater scope) which on x9 mag gives me a 1 mildot holdover at 47 yards. I've shot a 5p sized group at 47 yards before on a nice, still summers evening before I went after some rabbits. Mine's a 177. I was happy with that.
No mate, it wasn't the best. Might have just been the pellets but it was no where near as good as an s400 I used to have.With regards to the pressure, it doesn't have a guage so I'd never really know what pressure it's at. If I went out before it got the reg, I'd just put 180bar in just so it wasn't right up to max. Now I obviously don't need to worry about that and it gets 130bar and I just fill it roughly every 8/9 magazines.5p sized group at 47 yds, can't grumble at that pal!!!
Off the bipod mind and lasered the distance with the rangefinder. I normally do a quick zero check before I go off for the rabbits. One group at 37 yards to check zero. Next at 47 yards at one mil dot hold over to check for the affect of the wind.

Hw stock arrived today so when I get home from work I'll finally be able to put it together!

Edited by danco1987
  • Like 1

Hi mate,

Picked up a Brocock Concept Super 6 in .22 flavour - good accuracy and power on the sweet spot but after and before that = :icon_redface:.On 180 bar 24 shots sweet, then curves off, not regulated.

Anyway after all the great times with the HW 100 kt .177 there simply is no other pcp like the HW 100`s and all the times listening to "get the .22 version" from other lads as well as yourself - I`m going to - to compliment my .177 :tongue2:.

Horses for courses I suppose, the HW 100 kt .177 is totally lethal for threading a pellet through spindley branches and head shots on wood pigeon, rabbits through bramble etc out to 50 yds.

The .22 for open shooting with the .22 clout, accuracy and the rifle itself.

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 1