Shooting Sticks

I made mine from a couple of green plastic coated garden centre canes. They are thin tubular ali and all you need is a bolt with a nyloc nut through them to create a basic bipod. With the wet fields lately, it gives a solid support for the rifle. Better than lying in the mud.

I did the same, here are mine:20130426_223404_zps7ed8ae65.jpg

Very nice.

What did you do to stop the sticks clanging together when they are being carried? Or are the feet enough?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice job Moxy, they look very professional

I'll not embarrass myself by uploading pictures of my pathetic attempt after seeing others lol, some quality looking sticks guys ?

Haha, I thought exactly the same about mine. They won't win any beauty parades but they're sturdy and they've survived a few trips out into the field.

I made mine from a couple of green plastic coated garden centre canes. They are thin tubular ali and all you need is a bolt with a nyloc nut through them to create a basic bipod. With the wet fields lately, it gives a solid support for the rifle. Better than lying in the mud.

Very nice.

What did you do to stop the sticks clanging together when they are being carried? Or are the feet enough?

And where did you get the rubber stops ,feet from ?. mate

Very nice.

I increased the size of the stick's diameter in the 'V' section by building up a few layers of insulation tape and then stretched a neoprene barrel cover from Jack Pyke that I had knocking about over the top to protect the rifle when using them. I had to trim the neoprene barrel cover down a bit to fit but left it an inch or so too long at the top so that I could superglue the tips together.

I then slid and glued the left over over neoprene 'rings' onto the bottom of the sticks which stops them clanging together when carrying them. These also have a couple of layers of insulation tape under them to ensure a really tight fit :thumbs:

I'll not embarrass myself by uploading pictures of my pathetic attempt after seeing others lol, some quality looking sticks guys

Haha, I thought exactly the same about mine. They won't win any beauty parades but they're sturdy and they've survived a few trips out into the field.

It's the thought what counts mate lol, my little twigs do the trick and I've got spares in shed haha ?

Spot on with the pictures and input guys, some nice sticks to be made from stuff I'd never thought of. It seems to be that you guy's have all made bipods instead of tripods ? Is it because they're easier to make or just the fact there is no real benefit to tripod sticks.

Atb Blackstaff :thumbs:

After seeing your sticks you guy's have made I went and had a look in the shed to see what I had to make use of. I found an old fishing tripod that needed some tlc, so a bolt, some WD40, 15mm pipe lagging, a fishing rod rest head and some black insulation tape later I have a light weight steady as a rock set of shooting sticks :) I think they are a bit tall at the moment but a few nights / days out will iron out the teething troubles I'm sure :thumbs: Thanks for all your input

After seeing your sticks you guy's have made I went and had a look in the shed to see what I had to make use of. I found an old fishing tripod that needed some tlc, so a bolt, some WD40, 15mm pipe lagging, a fishing rod rest head and some black insulation tape later I have a light weight steady as a rock set of shooting sticks :) I think they are a bit tall at the moment but a few nights / days out will iron out the teething troubles I'm sure :thumbs: Thanks for all your input

Do we not get a pic?