Spooky Bunnys

Only just getting into rabbit hunting properly lads. Picked up a few small permissions where i live. I have noticed that the rabbits are very lamp shy and i cant get close enough for a shot. My lamp on my gun however could possibly have guided the titanic around a dozen icebergs. I have been looking at investing in a nightvision scope. The youkon ones look alright. I was wondering if you guys have any experience with them or any other reccomendations instead? Or if a coloured filter or a lair of r lasses tights over the end to dim the light would help?

• Like 1

Please use the correct forum. Topic moved.

NV depends on budget and the sky is the limit. The photon £350 plus extras new is a nice little unit but people have their reservations with the grainy image.

You can pick up a pulsar 550 for around the £500 mark. Again plus extras. Nice unit but not the most comfortable shooting position.

Then your into the LCD screen types such as the NS50/200 etc. not for me but mustard for a lot of lads. £250+

Could you not consider your approach to the land and head off the rabbits? Are you using a filtered light or just white? Will your lamp take a dimmer?

As good as NV is. It's not always the solution.

Just a white light. Like i said just gettin into it so any suggestion appreciated. My lamp is just on and off no dimmer.

Get yourself a red filter or a new red led torch. Should cost you about thirty quid. I'm sure some of the lads will offer some good suggestions.

On the downside. If you have hammered the spot with a white light you could have contributed to the rabbits being spooked. If that's the case your going to have to up your cunning and field craft.

Definitely wouldnt say i had hammered any spot dont really get chance with work n family life as im sure u lads are aware of yourself! For a red filter is it a case of buying a specific filter or making some form of red screen for the end of my existing lamp?

Definitely wouldnt say i had hammered any spot dont really get chance with work n family life as im sure u lads are aware of yourself! For a red filter is it a case of buying a specific filter or making some form of red screen for the end of my existing lamp?

What lamp do you have?

try shooting them in the day light it isnt that different to shooting at night .If the rabbits hear or smell you they are off .unless it a motor way petrol station.

they only come out to play at night which suits me anyways because ive gota get little un and missus off to bed before i can go out! I know about treading carefully and staying up wind but as soon as i put spot on em the dissapear

What lamp do you have?

its an ultrafire cree led scope mounted with pressure switch near trigger.

i know some of the ultrafires will take the Deben tracer stinger GL2 pop up filter

i got a red one on ebay for £8.50 delivered and the pop up lens is handy as you can choose between red and white light

• Like 1