Out In The Sun

R.A.W

Some lovely ground for them beagles to run, bet there is good noise when there in the valley. Keep at them. CWN-HELA

Yeah very challenging for them on the wrong day( and me, if your not careful you'll break an ankle in a heart beat on them slippery rocks)........................They sound like Twenty couple with the echo lol

Happy hunting :thumbs:

Well it was a pleasure to step out with the hounds today in condition that were a stark contrast to the onslaught of late, Due to unforeseen circumstances the planned days hunting was in jeopardy but after a few phone calls I arrange a little walk out , using it as more as an exercise day helping to induct the pups to a life in the pack.

With the frost hard on the ground and the bad weather of late I had high hopes of finding early on and my little hounds didn't disappoint as we drew the thick wooded valley I was surprised it held scent at all because for most part it was rock covered in moss at best. A flick of a stern soon turned into full cry and away they went. Up the valley to start with a sharp check right handed towards the safety of an under ground Hide . I love these little moments when I fold my arms behind my back on cold morning and just drink the sound of hounds echoing up a valley . Unfortunately there was only one place this particular adversary was heading so with the aid of a well placed friend ( more luck than judgement :laugh: ) I managed to stop them and continue the draw to see if any others were lurking ahead and were willing to follow there companion to same place.

After a short conversation on the radio the amended plan was set and onward and upward we ventured ( literally :laugh: ) . I was beginning to question my decision to call them off at the end of the thickest cover when I heard one of the casting hounds begin to let me know something was about. fair play to the pups they are starting to know the game now and bee lined straight for all the commotion and away they went. Across the weather beaten bracken they drove climbing above the tree line, over a mountain stream and just before they were going take him across the vast wind swept ground above , two inquisitive ewes tracked up the slope and stood right on the line. Now normally I would have cast them passed but with only two of us out caution was required . It was funny looking back because the ewes stood they're ground and the hounds stopped dead and looked at me as if to say "what going on" lol. I took the second gifted opportunity to call them back early which is difficult not to get carried away but it a handy ability at times.

Sticking to the plan Back down the other side of the valley we ventured thought some clear fell with no joy . I was hoping the first one may left a little insight to his whereabouts but he'd done just as what I'd thought ( it's not often I'm right :D ) . We were soon running out of ground so with a heavy heart the team were asked to fall in and we made our way towards a milky coffee and a long chat with an old friend. As ever it is it's a pleasure to be out and about and there's always a hope that's there better rabbits to hunt next week :thumbs: .

20140216_114053_zpsb8a4a91c.jpg

20140216_115911_zps5e9db5ff.jpg20140216_105555_zps80a944b3.jpg

20140216_121706_zpsa92e0c3f.jpg

20140216_125649_zpsd8f96c30.jpg

LOOKING WELL RAW, NICE LAND TOO MATE. ATB WITH THEM :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well it was a pleasure to step out with the hounds today in condition that were a stark contrast to the onslaught of late, Due to unforeseen circumstances the planned days hunting was in jeopardy but after a few phone calls I arrange a little walk out , using it as more as an exercise day helping to induct the pups to a life in the pack.

With the frost hard on the ground and the bad weather of late I had high hopes of finding early on and my little hounds didn't disappoint as we drew the thick wooded valley I was surprised it held scent at all because for most part it was rock covered in moss at best. A flick of a stern soon turned into full cry and away they went. Up the valley to start with a sharp check right handed towards the safety of an under ground Hide . I love these little moments when I fold my arms behind my back on cold morning and just drink the sound of hounds echoing up a valley . Unfortunately there was only one place this particular adversary was heading so with the aid of a well placed friend ( more luck than judgement :laugh: ) I managed to stop them and continue the draw to see if any others were lurking ahead and were willing to follow there companion to same place.

After a short conversation on the radio the amended plan was set and onward and upward we ventured ( literally :laugh: ) . I was beginning to question my decision to call them off at the end of the thickest cover when I heard one of the casting hounds begin to let me know something was about. fair play to the pups they are starting to know the game now and bee lined straight for all the commotion and away they went. Across the weather beaten bracken they drove climbing above the tree line, over a mountain stream and just before they were going take him across the vast wind swept ground above , two inquisitive ewes tracked up the slope and stood right on the line. Now normally I would have cast them passed but with only two of us out caution was required . It was funny looking back because the ewes stood they're ground and the hounds stopped dead and looked at me as if to say "what going on" lol. I took the second gifted opportunity to call them back early which is difficult not to get carried away but it a handy ability at times.

Sticking to the plan Back down the other side of the valley we ventured thought some clear fell with no joy . I was hoping the first one may left a little insight to his whereabouts but he'd done just as what I'd thought ( it's not often I'm right :D ) . We were soon running out of ground so with a heavy heart the team were asked to fall in and we made our way towards a milky coffee and a long chat with an old friend. As ever it is it's a pleasure to be out and about and there's always a hope that's there better rabbits to hunt next week :thumbs: .

Thanks bud :thumbs:

AND THERES NO NEED TO SHOUT :tongue2::laugh:

• Like 1

Thanks bud :thumbs:

AND THERES NO NEED TO SHOUT :tongue2::laugh:

sorry :laugh::thumbs: