Beddy Greyhound A Good Cross To Go With A Beddy Whippet?

hi ive kept both crosses over the last 20 years ..at moment have first cross beddy/whippet and a line breed beddy/whippet cross.. is yours a first cross

gameforthegame

Today, 03:18 PM

Anyone have any options or experiences with first cross beddy greys?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a pic for you

HERES MY WE BEDDY WHIPPET 2ND CROSS

I don't know who 'that Gaffa fella' is to be honest Quantox. I am sure the pups you are talking about will be from well working stock and good lines etc but I don't know him, his dogs or how they are

Posted Images

No she is a beddy whippet deerhound, but thrown strong whippet. I don't have any experience with beddy greys and was interested in how they work, what they work etc and how they would work in lining to the beddy whip bitch. As I say she isn't a first cross and DH not pro dominant at all.

Thanks for replies all

Cheers northerlite. How big we're the sire and dam? I'd like something 21 or above this time I think. Good all rounder..

I lined my beddy x 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey bitch 18 1/2" with a Mike Brown bred whippet, 7 dogs 2 bitches. The dogs have made around 22/23" the 2 bitches 20 1/2".

My dog pup is 23" at 11 months.

If you are wanting a good chance of getting something that size I would use a whippet/greyhound on a straight bedlington/whippet, I think the 1/16 greyhound in my pups has made a difference size wise. As your bitch has deerhound in it I would think a good 22" whippet sire should produce a litter of a good size for you.

• Like 2

I have got a first cross beddy grey and she has been hard work to bring on very head strong but she is geting there now she is 15 month old and stands 21 tts Turing out a good day time dog mooching feriting ect. I don't no what to put over her in a few years time but I know I will be breeding away from the terrier as I think that's why she is head strong IMO ?

post-81388-0-17527400-1392455121_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have worked Beddy X Greyhound, Whippet X Beddy, and 3/4 whippet x 1/4 beddy.

The first crosses are a bit head strong but mine settled down work wise when older.

But adding Whippet to the first cross , I have

found the offspring more steady and not as headstrong,

When young and starting the ferreting game, after marking, and when netting up i keep the dog with me, as they are inclined to go off and hunt up.,

Edited by Country Joe
  • Like 1

I have worked Beddy X Greyhound, Whippet X Beddy, and 3/4 whippet x 1/4 beddy.

The first crosses are a bit head strong but mine settled down work wise when older.

But adding Whippet to the first cross , I have

found the offspring more steady and not as headstrong,

When young and starting the ferreting game, after marking, and when netting up i keep the dog with me, as they are inclined to go off and hunt up.,

i can she her caming down as she is geting older so hopefully next season she should be about right

Ive had beddy x for over 20 years they all have had alot of beddy in then and never found them head strong high prey drive with out a doubt but have been a pleasure to own and work

i don't think I have seen one with out a good prey drive lol they are through the roof very game dogs
  • Like 1

saw a few beddie crosses and the first crosses were very terrier like and deafed you out and hunted pretty far away if not continusly checked , through expierence no more than a qaurter terrier,see the parents work if you can would be my way of picking a pup ,if possible ,they have great noses but very hound and terrier like and hard mouthed , but evey body has diffrent standards for rabbiting

Edited by fluff

Was he a worker or a racer? Thanks again

I don't know much about the dog, im sure there are Lads on here who can tell you about him, he was a racer, did he also work i don't know, but in racing was he not unbeating.

at 26 he is a decent hight and pace he had, and seems to be producing decent stuff.

deneside belle was a racing dog with a great pedigree I lined my bitch with him and the pups are doing well I have a contact numbers if you wish to go down that route