Cattle Dog/heeler Types

Where did they all go ? Only ones I've seen online are kc silly money types

Years ago I had a stumpy legged lurcher supposedly hancock bred,I bought it as young adult couldn't bond with it,and resold it,it caught on the lamp,

And it was a short legged thick coated pricked eared solid built bitch,supposedly beardie/border bred.

Basically a broken coated cattle dog lookalike.

Anyone run one or seen any thing similar lately ?

As soon as this old bull terrier has enough of life the next companion dog I want is a cattle dog type. I've had a couple of collies and crosses and get on well with there atitude and I'm sure it could be trained for a few different uses if reared correctly.

• Like 1

theres a guy that breeds boerboels & American bulldogs (topguard kennels) think he breeds working aussie cattle dogs as well. Always fancied an ACD but wouldn't have one unless I had a farm. I hear they are more demanding then a border collie.

I remember him ,had a bulldog retrieving feather.

My 11 year old A.C.D. x has been a great dog and companion and very easy to have around. Peaceful in the house but keen when out. Being crossed with a small lurcher she lacks leg length and top end speed, but was lightening fast over the first few yards.

• Like 1