Whippet X Jack Russell

born2hunt81

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are wanting a catcher for small fields I would go for a 3/4, 7/8 or pure whippet. I have a beddy x whippet first x just lacks a bit of pace although she is on the small side 18 1/2". I lined he

Think Arthur's bitch pups throw around 23inch give or take.   I've got a bedlington/whippet x collie/greyhound x whippet that's 20 inch to the shoulder.   I've also got a working springer x lur

I'd get something that's like shit off a shovel over first 30 yard.   Think it would be a cracking little hedgerow dog, but not my overall choice as a catch dog working to your cocker. If your wan

Posted Images

I'd get something that's like shit off a shovel over first 30 yard.

Think it would be a cracking little hedgerow dog, but not my overall choice as a catch dog working to your cocker. If your wanting terrier in the mix I'd go 3/4 runner 1/4 terrier or a pure whippet. Plenty of dogs will do what you want, it really is a personal preference. Too much terrier in the mix might cause it to spend a lot of time working in the hedgerow for its own benefit rather than waiting on your cocker to flush them.

Are you wanting a small dog and why this cross?

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 1

They just something I saw advertised local, my collie whippet greyhound was pts before Christmas he was 15 yo and im just looking for new member of the pack but like you said I'm going to need something fast due to the rabbits being hedge rows.....would you say straight whippet is best bet then or beddy whippet?

Think you'd go far wrong with another collie/greyhound x whippet. I'd go 3/4 whippet bedlington over half bedlington. Whippets are cracking little hedgerow dogs, but if I was to only add one more to my team I'd go for a lurcher around 23 inch mark.

I'm always abit synical about some of the bedlington whippet coats that tend to hold water, although there not all like this a lot are.

I personally like the bitch lurcher pups that Arthur at David hancocks is producing.

Think Arthur's bitch pups throw around 23inch give or take.

I've got a bedlington/whippet x collie/greyhound x whippet that's 20 inch to the shoulder.

I've also got a working springer x lurcher ( he said it was a greyhound sire), but it definitely had a bit of something else in it. She's 7 months old and around 20 inch at the moment, I got her as I wanted a dog that would hunt up well. I personally would have the springer whippet as a mooching dog not a hedgerow catch dog, it would do it, but would be hunt up orientated, and would benefit with more speed off the mark.

IMG_8391.jpg

136fdf76c539ed934db7e742bf405579.jpg

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 3

hi there I have a springer x whippet it very good thing it will hunt all day long I mark's it will point it will jump eneythink infrunt of it but it lack's gear when a bunny is go home I have just lined a whippet bitch. both dog are tryd and tested the dog will go in enemy gover the thicker gover the better :victory::victory::victory:

If you are wanting a catcher for small fields I would go for a 3/4, 7/8 or pure whippet. I have a beddy x whippet first x just lacks a bit of pace although she is on the small side 18 1/2". I lined her with a pure whippet and kept a dog pup. Nearly 11 months 23", been out ferreting a few times and had a few on the lamp. Got good speed, very keen but will see how he goes. Hopefully should be half decent. The collie x or beddy x would do for me.

black/white one the pup.

hallhills30-1-14012_zpsceb870c0.jpg

• Like 4

HI there im in Co,Durham the pups I ham breeding will be 3qr whippets qr spinger I have just lined the bitch this week, I am breeding for me and a cupple of frend;s but there should a couple left with abit of luck what part the country u from [PS] I am new 2 this lap top stuff but I will get there 1 day

:victory::victory::victory: