Using Mildots

I'm fairly new to rifles so it does have me baffled bout mildots.I set my rifle at 50 yards so does this mean that every mill dot under that is 10 yards after that as in 60 70 80 an so on I was told this but more info the better tanxs

There's no specifics like that as it depends on the magnification of the scope and the ballistics of the rifle/cartridge. You have to learn them by practicing at different distances.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to bore you to tears with precise details. I'm off before they come. :laugh:

As you set your scope at 50 yards I think it's safe to assume its a .22 rimfire?

So a .22 Rabbit rifle means you don't need to worry about 'ballistic' this and 'Mili-radian' that, other folks lose sleep about that stuff,

but you won't need to.

However what it does give you is a series of pre-set repeatable aim off points, just set some targets out at known range

closer in and further away from your chosen zero point and then determine which 'dot' higher or lower coincides with a hit, and

your fixed.

AndyF

• Like 1

Best way to do it for a .22 is set a target up zero at watever range you wish (say 50yards and set magnification to watever your going to be using most lets say 8x power) then shoot a 3 shot group at30 yards aiming at the same zero mark as 50yards make a note or draw a mildot reticle up and mark were it was hitting then move back to 40yards shot a 3 shot group mark again were it was hiting keep going out until wat ever range you want.

A laser range finder is a must for this.

And if u change magnification you will have to make another new mil drop/holdover chart.

Hi

See above I told you not to bother with all this Cr** with a 22RF,

'And if u change magnification you will have to make another new mil drop/holdover chart'

Have you really got time for CHARTS etc when out Rabbiting? (I haven't and I've been doing

this for over 50 years, ask the Rabbits).

NO YOU DONT your Rabbiting, 5 to 10 seconds to take a 50>70 yard shot (Oh hang on I

must consult chart) not really.

'Muppetry' must not prevail.

AF