Redtails

turk

sat for 10 minutes or more with a rear talon through my hand on a couple of occasions, as already said the key is repetition and a fit one is rare :thumbs:

I agree with you mate, do you think they are any harder to get fit than say a Harris? I dont, I just think people get them after having a Harris, and expect them to perform instantly which they dont, you have to work at it, but once fit, bloody hell they will put game in the bag with the best of them, the out and out determination, and cover crashing, is something else if you have never experienced it :icon_eek:

sat for 10 minutes or more with a rear talon through my hand on a couple of occasions, as already said the key is repetition and a fit one is rare :thumbs:rder

I agree with you mate, do you think they are any harder to get fit than say a Harris? I dont, I just think people get them after having a Harris, and expect them to perform instantly which they dont, you have to work at it, but once fit, bloody hell they will put game in the bag with the best of them, the out and out determination, and cover crashing, is something else if you have never experienced it :icon_eek:

not harder but it takes longer to achieve, they are like chalk and cheese when compared to harris, they are very aggressive determined hunters once you get them switched on, unfortunately most people fall at the first hurdle when they can not get there head around the fact that repetition is as important perhaps more so than weight, how many times have you herd the one about the redtail sitting in a tree and refusing to come to the glove, stubborn, useless, aggressive,moody things is the usual mutterings :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I dont honestly know mate lol, I have only had this one for a while and was kind of a rescue, its either a small female or a big male, will have it tested later on in the year, its turning out to be a bloody good bird though.

......I can remember once been told by a decent falconer( used to be on here)who noes hid stuff...when it came to hawks he'd always choose a small female or a large male....

That was jaspser on here, wonder what happened to him? Used to be a mod i believe

Got it in one mate......no idea what happens to him he's not posted in a long while....probably got sick of all the bitching on this place

• Like 1

I dont honestly know mate lol, I have only had this one for a while and was kind of a rescue, its either a small female or a big male, will have it tested later on in the year, its turning out to be a bloody good bird though.

......I can remember once been told by a decent falconer( used to be on here)who noes hid stuff...when it came to hawks he'd always choose a small female or a large male....

That was jaspser on here, wonder what happened to him? Used to be a mod i believe

Got it in one mate......no idea what happens to him he's not posted in a long while....probably got sick of all the bitching on this place

probably. possibly, could be, should be,would be, defiantly, you have no idea in reality. the man has his reasons and your way off the mark :thumbs:

probably. possibly, could be, should be,would be, defiantly, you have no idea in reality. the man has his reasons and your way off the mark :thumbs:

never said I did did I?

Hope is reasons aren't bad ones....sure hope the fellas ok...he's wealth of knowledge and eagerness to help others along with his cracking posts is sorely missed on this forum

never said I did did I?

probably :laugh::laugh: