Another Kid Mauled

Blame the deed not the breed.

You have to be dumb as chuff to allow dogs and kids to be unsupervised together.

I trust my dogs 100% around anyone but I don;t trust everyone 100% around my dogs. Kids are clumsy and just getting to grips with balance etc so the odd finger is going to go in the eye or an odd pull on a tail. To say "it attacked without provocation" seems to be the standard line in all dog attack reports and is just a load of bollocks. Something had to have happened to that dog to make it attack be it the kid did something or the owners weren't right with it, Dogs don't grow up wanting to attack folk it has to be learned/encouraged/provoked through mistreatment or formal training.

I feel bad for the kid because he didn't know any better to be in the situation. It is clearly the adult that is to blame. Dogs and kids should not be left together unattended or the dog pays the ultimate price and the victim has a constant reminder to the neglectful adult as well as life changing physical impairment. I hope the child makes a healthy recovery.

Giver her 2 years prison and don't give the dozy bitch custody of her son only supervised visits,if a dogs capable of hurting a kid you don't let the kid be alone with it.

Even if the dog was a c**t the attacks still her fault.

See when I was reading it and the mothers boyfriend phoned the dad to tell him, I was waiting on him going off his rocket at them. Can you imagine if your ex got a dog like that and it mauled your son? I wouldn't be giving it, all dogs need chipped that's for sure. I'd be restrained in the BarL

The standards people expect from parents is too low IMO,this wasn't an accident there is someone clearly at fault.

I didn't see any mention of her being investigated for neglect,or causing harm to her child through neglect.

Lets just ban all dogs instead so unavoidable acts of god like this don't happen anymore.

Yep

There's always a reason behind a dog attack, lack of exercise, training, recently brought the dog on, not much contact with kids etc...

More importantly people not spotting the signals the dog is sending way before any attack people need to learn more about dog behavior and body language before getting a powerful dog

• Like 1