Getting The Kids Out With The Dogs

Evening Folks,

Been taking my 2 year old lad out wi dogs on a few daytime mooches with me for a little while now and he loves every minute of it. Infact I think its great getting them into the same stuff. He's seen them take a few bunnies and tree rats and the smile on his face says it all... Just hope he continues enjoying it as he gets older....

Who else involves their young ones in the sport and from what age do they come out with you?

Just a thought......

Cheers.

Pic from today of him with my 2 dogs.

20140123_120615_zps4ba54718.jpg

iv been taking my kids lamping ferreting and fishing since they were old enough to sit on me shoulders lol they still love it now at 6 an 7, luckily i dont have to carry them now, they at age now they can lamp for themselves and slip dogs, ill be made redundant soon lol

I love getting the kids out and about, though the wife isn't so keen on what we get up to!!! My eldest daughter was the biggest surprise to me at 7 years old, nagged and nagged me to take her out lamping and when the dog retrieved a rabbit live, she asked to kill it :icon_eek: !!! I laughed like f@ck and showed what to do, no hesitation she had a good go at chinning it, though I did make sure it was definitely dead.

Out with my son...

post-42545-0-31152000-1390516683_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have been getting my little sis (6) used to the idea of catching and killing (for meat) sweet little cuddly bunnies for about 7months started taking her out last couple of months once a week atleast mooching in day time. She cant wait now till we catch one and have it for dinner :D altough were not having much luck because she is very hard to keep quite :laugh: .We both love it and I cant see a better way of getting out and about and bonding with little ones :victory:

My four year old has been riding since 2 and now has his own pony, crazes me too be out with the dogs no matter what the weather is, helps in mucking out the pony and the kennel/run, been around all sorts of animals since an early age . . . . . . the only two things he hates is being inside and computers. :thumbs: , i think its great to see kids involved, just a shame theres so many others against many things in this world !!!!

I took my son,s and daughters out with the mutts and ferrets,from an early age,then the grandsons,grandaughter is a lost cause.My son takes his nephews and cousins out now,he is far more commited than me now,ive done my bit and watch on with genuine interest,i still have to give the head a shake at times,i trained them my way,as my father and grandfather trained me,i added my way to the mix,right or wrong,they do the same,thus the head shaking at times,then there are the times I think "why did,nt I think of that".Hunting as evolved through millennia,often through family ties,something the Ban and its ignorance failed many of us with,keep at it.

used to take my little sister ferretting when she was about 12 she could never knack the stretch neck tho so it was a screwdriver smacked to the skull bless her,

and take me boys out shooting now 16,15,13 thinking about banning the 15 yr old tho starting to out shoot me lol

I took my son,s and daughters out with the mutts and ferrets,from an early age,then the grandsons,grandaughter is a lost cause.My son takes his nephews and cousins out now,he is far more commited than me now,ive done my bit and watch on with genuine interest,i still have to give the head a shake at times,i trained them my way,as my father and grandfather trained me,i added my way to the mix,right or wrong,they do the same,thus the head shaking at times,then there are the times I think "why did,nt I think of that".Hunting as evolved through millennia,often through family ties,something the Ban and its ignorance failed many of us with,keep at it.

We're the same at home.. I'm 4th generation horseman and have added my own ideas to the ones handed down. My son is already showing a keen interest at 2. It's in our blood I think