I know this is in the wring place but just wanting a few quick answers from lads in the know. Iv just been looking into buying raw minced meat for my 2 lurchers. He says the meat comes in lb bags at 60p each and he reckons with a bit of veg rice/pasta thrown in a lb bag a day each will do my dogs. There both 23 1/2 inch. What do you lads think?=

sounds ok to me, mine get raw mince chicken + dry meal+ beef bones, and bit of pasta pilchards when lamping , shop around see if you can get meat cheaper than 60p ?

how much does your big pup eat per day out of interest mate?

i'm struggling to balance how much my 11 month old is eating, some days she looks a big fat unit, others a skinny rat :laugh:

at moment, he on 1/2 lb raw mince chicken + 4 coups of dry meal ( Oz meal) + beef bones every day, when lamping just give extra pasta + sardines with meal. as he increase's work mount . prob give bit more if he drops weight. :thumbs:

Is there a rough ratio to work to mines on dry and supplement with mince, chicken , fish pasta and veg I'm good with how much mine eats but would like to know a rough ratio to aim for how much meat to pasta to veg as I would like to cut out the dry or reduce if poss

Any of you lads feed your dogs sardines , I read the other day that raw fish or any tinned fish is bad for dogs ???

mine eat tinned Sardines once a week never had any probs,, where did you hear that mate?

I know this is in the wring place but just wanting a few quick answers from lads in the know. Iv just been looking into buying raw minced meat for my 2 lurchers. He says the meat comes in lb bags at 60p each and he reckons with a bit of veg rice/pasta thrown in a lb bag a day each will do my dogs. There both 23 1/2 inch. What do you lads think?

mine are 25/26tts and around 70lb apiece each gets 1lb of minced chicken,plus pasta and veg
No dry mix atall paulus?

no i don't use it mate, they get lamb backs/bones every other day and if there loosing condition i add beef fat offcuts to their diet,

Fair play mate where you get it all from butchers?

i have a mate who will drop me off beef bones that i cut the flesh and fat off, the lady butcher in the local morrisons saves me all the lamb bones and backs and the mince and catering bags of pasta i get from the meat man at the track. it costs no more than adding complete just takes a bit more effort, i also add tinned tomatoes to the pasta, i also keep all venison carcasses and feed rabbit and hares,

Do they charge you for the bones in Morrisons ??in our local store the lamb ribs/backbones are on sale in polystyrene trays...cheers, Dave

feed my dogs on tripe and supa dog active.. plus raw beef bones once a week ... all me dogs in great condition and fit ...as for fish never heard it was bad for dogs used to buy 1lb blocks of fish for mine never had my probs