Price Of Rabbit

Freeze the lot for the ferrets

ha, my freezer is full of food for the kids, and £2.50 a pop will pay my pellets and some! :)

and I don't have ferrets, my lab refuses to eat them too! Snotty little sod, week old subways are fine for him though!!

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're gutted Stu or the rabbit?   Yeah I have to skin and gut them, but I'd do that anyway....just can't eat 11 rabbits a week

Just took some of Saturdays rabbits to the butchers, he's offered me £2.50 a rabbit, sounds good, anyone else sell their bags? if so for how much??

ha, my freezer is full of food for the kids, and £2.50 a pop will pay my pellets and some!   and I don't have ferrets, my lab refuses to eat them too! Snotty little sod, week old subways are fine f

Ferreted / clean head shot - £1.80 gutted. If Shotgun / not clean kill, 90p gutted (def ferret grub). Somebody around here buys to supply a local zoo and will pay £1.80 guts in, skin on for a ferreted / rifle shot bunny. £2.50 seems a good price. Rabbits around here seem to be getting a bit scarce so supply and demand etc may see those prices I've quoted on the up.

Enjoy the experience of ferreting and shooting so really thinking about laying off a little just to let numbers come up a bit......everything should be in balance I like to think and for £2 now I would rather leave alone and have lots at £1.50 :drinks:

• Like 1

The butcher was saying he could sell 30+ a week no bother. He used to get them sent up from Yorkshire, but now he says he's hardly had 30 all year to sell.

I've just dropped lucky on a perm that is bouncing, has 12 foot security fencing all round so can't be poached, has a nature reserve area where the rabbits live that can't be shot, but they feed on the main lawn of the property and round the back of the offices and manufacturing block, it was covered by a pest control company who were not very successful. I took 11 on the first night in 2 hours. I don't expect that every week, but its good to know the food won't be wasted. I HAVE to remove the rabbits from site and I don't like leaving them for foxes etc. I'd rather they get eaten, and if I can get a bit of petrol/pellet money, why not. Certainly feels like the price is good going on what everyone has said.

Thanks for the cooments all, don't feel like I am being robbed at all.

• Like 1

Freeze the lot for the ferrets

ha, my freezer is full of food for the kids, and £2.50 a pop will pay my pellets and some! :)

and I don't have ferrets, my lab refuses to eat them too! Snotty little sod, week old subways are fine for him though!!

Started off with one freezer now got two in the garage and a big one in the shed full of game but ive no to put any in the house freezer :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

There is a new market to sell to and there paying £4 a rabbit atm!!!!

I've just joined raw feeding uk on FB and there's loads of posts asking to source rabbit whole and gutted,if you've got a few might be worth a look at?

Also a lot of 1 man and a van suppliers looking for reliable sources of rabbit to.

£3 is a very good price, the skins are worth more than the actual meat if they're prepped. Technically nowadays I think if you sell any meat to butchers or restaurants you should be registered, is all to do with the traceability of the product.

Ive been lead to believe the local butcher here will give me £2 a rabbit, although im yet to confirm that with him directly but the guy who informs me of this is a good friend of his so should be pretty solid info.

I also thought you were supposed to be certificated in game preparation of some sort?