Chemicals ....?

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Tonights cigar, I feel though, must go to Haymin. Working from his butter (Like margarine. Basically vegetable oil) notion, I just tried some vegetable oil I had handy. F**king Result! I don't know where it went. But, the sticky shit just wasn't there any more! :icon_eek:

pete why not frame it ?

Never even crossed my tiny mind to! I genuinely never gave that idea a split seconds thought :huh:

What would ye suggest? (I know this is your sort of subject) My room has white walls and dark wood fittings. It's a cottage.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Tonights cigar, I feel though, must go to Haymin. Working from his butter (Like margarine. Basically vegetable oil) notion, I just tried some vegetable oil I had handy. F**king Result! I don't know where it went. But, the sticky shit just wasn't there any more! :icon_eek:

pete why not frame it ?

Never even crossed my tiny mind to! I genuinely never gave that idea a split seconds thought :huh:

What would ye suggest? (I know this is your sort of subject) My room has white walls and dark wood fittings. It's a cottage.

i always buy old frames if i can from the period---but you either want gold,silver,black, or dark wood , any charity shops in town? some times you get the crapest prints in nice frames for a few quid ---cheaper than you can buy a new frame .. if you can get some picture framing paper to seal the back up save any soot getting in .. got half a roll here if you cant get your hands on any ...and if its not mounted get a mount to set it off coloured mounts look better with silver and gold frames white/cream mounts for your black dark wood frames... a nice frame and mount will bring it to life take it with you and sit it in the frame in the shop :thumbs: if you need the tape pm me ..

Edited by the_stig

Stig; No way am I going to find a charity shop frame for this one, mate! It's about four foot long and eighteen inches high! Plus, we have no charity shops here anyway.

But, you've got me thinking; Framed and glazed?! That would protect it, wouldn't it?

" Mounts " ? In this context, I take it you mean those coloured, card borders one sees around 'better' framed prints?

Bugger! I'm out of my depth and f**king sinking, here!