Stallion Kills 4 Year Old

I don't have a problem with horses..... R.I.P little one, and so close after Christmas too. :cray:

neither do i , there is near 20 TBs here ranging from foals to 10 yr olds and im around them everyday but i still wouldnt trust them .. that vid BPR put up nearly happened to me , i was trying to encourage a foal to walk on a lead rope , tell you now i shit myself when i seen hoofs :laugh:
Lucky your not normal height or it would've been square in the puss, instead of a foot over......
When I was at the fife, a lad tripped over behind the huntsmans new horse at the meet, throwing a silver tray at its arse, he got double barrelled, in the chest neck face, he didn't get up quite as quick as the lad in the video, can laugh about it now, but at the time I thought we'd be putting a sheet over him..

If they were man made they would have been discontinued long ago, lol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's the reason i hate horses.

Horses are amazing animals not to be underestimated. I've worked with them most of my life and you have to admire them. A prey animal that allows a predator on its back. For such a large animal it's r

Did some work for a fella few years back, his mrs and daughter were loading a horse in to a horse box!   Horse went in and as they lifted the gate up he wanted out and the gate come down and killed

I don't have a problem with horses..... R.I.P little one, and so close after Christmas too. :cray:

neither do i , there is near 20 TBs here ranging from foals to 10 yr olds and im around them everyday but i still wouldnt trust them .. that vid BPR put up nearly happened to me , i was trying to encourage a foal to walk on a lead rope , tell you now i shit myself when i seen hoofs :laugh:
Lucky your not normal height or it would've been square in the puss, instead of a foot over......
When I was at the fife, a lad tripped over behind the huntsmans new horse at the meet, throwing a silver tray at its arse, he got double barrelled, in the chest neck face, he didn't get up quite as quick as the lad in the video, can laugh about it now, but at the time I thought we'd be putting a sheet over him..

If they were man made they would have been discontinued long ago, lol

My mate jumped a wall once at the Hawick common riding and startled one, it kicked out, luckily it kicked him in the thigh, and he was a bit bevvied so in all he limped about a bit and had a perfect horshoe mark on his leg which we all pressed in the pub,

Let's not forget that this horse never kicked out or bit the young lad, there was no malice or attack just simply a tragic accident where it stumbled and fell on the wee boy, RIP to the young lad and condolences to his family.

I don't have a problem with horses.....

R.I.P little one, and so close after Christmas too. :cray:

neither do i , there is near 20 TBs here ranging from foals to 10 yr olds and im around them everyday but i still wouldnt trust them ..

that vid BPR put up nearly happened to me , i was trying to encourage a foal to walk on a lead rope , tell you now i shit myself when i seen hoofs :laugh:

Totally agree but after growing up around them I know, I know when to move and be worried :thumbs:

Horses are amazing animals not to be underestimated. I've worked with them most of my life and you have to admire them. A prey animal that allows a predator on its back. For such a large animal it's reactions, agility and speed are mind blowing. Like a cat they can attack with all 4 err hooves :laugh: and mouth. They'll use their weight and size as well to their advantage. They are very highly sensitive to the point of mind reading. They not only sense fear but also if you lack confidence around them and even the most docile will rip the pish from an inexperienced handler. They demand respect and I would never have a child of mine round one who doesn't have the sense to keep clear

• Like 3

I remember Dick Francis: the racing jockey turned crime writer; once describing them as creatures with tiny brains and overwhelming emotions: about sums it up. Superb animals who put up with humans in the most amazing ways, and capable of forming strong bonds with us too. Just gotta remember that they are big and potentially lethal in the wrong situation, just like anything much larger than us.