Best Fox Caller

RussBoy

• 1 month later...

Different things will suit different people depending on their experience, location, budget etc. so it is difficult to state which is best in my opinion. There is a big temptation to get carried away with the new technology coming out all of the time and with the sales patters coming with them. Better to try to make the best of what you have already in your own hunting conditions. So, it's not just the item you buy that makes a good caller as it takes time and experience to get to know the how and the when of using callers - whatever type they may be.

• 2 weeks later...

try that predator call in the for sale section, luboinfinity is the fellas name, loud as f**k, very clear, cd with 200 calls on it as well to download, remote control with 100yds range approx, £45 delivered. Better to drive over a £45 caller by accident than a more expensive one imo.

Good buy in my opinion, and they work............. guaranteed.

the back of the hand is the best method, i use some electronic caller to pull them from a distance but nearly always use my hand to bring them in close, im using a mundi sound caller with a few years and find it a decent caller, ideal for magpies and duck aswell.

%24_35.JPG

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I've used home made callers for years, keep your ice Lilly sticks, thicker ones are best !

Get some old audio music tapes and a roll of black tape.

Around the end of each stick wrap a couple of turns of tape to create a small gap. Then place the tape on the end of a stick and using the black tape wrap it a couple of turns.

You then stretch it nice and tight over the end and back to the start,wrap it off again keeping the tension tight.

Cut excess and marry up to the other stick, tape both together.

These are really effective and with a bit practice can pull them in from a good distance.

I make about 6 every year , best kept dry.