Bsa R10 Size

Good evening guys

Ok i need a little advise form you clued up folks :) im going to be on the look out for a r10 in the new year i will be getting it blue printed but my only head scratcher is .177 or .22??

Im looking for a good all rounder really for paper targets, ratting and some field work.. something accurate and hard hitting!

Any help would be great thanks guys

Foggy

Cheers for the replys chaps ;)

I know it is a hard one!! There is always for and not so for on this matter :) i have only ever owned .22 in pro sport and a classic old hw 50 and am always a little unsure of .177.. i have seen si pittaway do really great things with both calibre but his i little bit of a better shot than me :)

I guess in my mind i always think of .177 being less powerful than .22 please correct me if im wrong.. im just getting back into the sport so as much advise would be great thanks buddys :)

As already stated, it doesn't matter what caliber you have, it's how accurate and practiced you are!

I have both .177 and .22 and my preference is .22 because I'm as pants at aiming off for windage as .177 is in the wind.

Other than that they both do the same job, if you are able and a fettled R10 is an awesome thing!

Mmmmm now there is a question :)

I guess from what i can gather it really is just a personal thing chaps.. as im a bit wet behind me lug holes at the moment im just absorbing as much info from you seasoned shooters out there before i bite the bullet so to speak and buy the r10 in one or the other calibre cant aford to drop a clanger :)

Kinda want me pellet to go where i put me cross hairs with out to much of the hold over, hold under thingy at the mo as im still learning :)

The question I would have to ask the .22 owners if what you say is true why do 99% of all shooters at any serious HFT meeting all use 177?.

because of the flatter trajectory mate you have a bigger margin of error that simple ,,, why not get a 20 cal instead and get the better of both worlds

Edited by andy97