Any Advice On How To Start My Lurcher.

Im quite new to all of this so i could do with some help getting her started ect. I also would like to know if anyone has any recommendations on feeding and exercising her. Shes 3 months old, still a pup i know. So just if anyone could give me any advice on getting her started and ready for when she first goes out! Many thanks.

Mine is 8months now and he will just get the odd really easy slip maybe 1 a night I've been hammering the retrieve, the night / lamp retrieve from what I have learnt exposure to everything as in stock breaking going out in the dark for walks taking out with friends that are working there dogs so he can watch keep it short just half an hr of this an that then bk in the warm in the car and home pups get bored easily I am quite new to it myself but have learnt so much in the way of training. on the home page of this site there is an article section go on there and there is a lurcher pup training article about lamp retrieving its brilliant well worth reading good luck with the pup

Thanks for the help Ill try to get a pic up soon. It would be great to get advice on her shape as i know her back legs aren't as big as they should be. I take her out with my mates 1 year old (same breed Saluki x) but she just wants to play with her. I feed her rabbits and when we catch one shes interested in the corpse like. I'd like to try droppers with her or do you think I should wait? Also how much food should she eat per day, do I still need her on puppy food?

Mine is still on puppy food and the bowl is always kept full but he is exercised well everyday I will try raw meat soon though don't worry about what shape they look mine kept changing as he grew and as yours is only 3months it has plenty of filling out to do

Thanks for the help Ill try to get a pic up soon. It would be great to get advice on her shape as i know her back legs aren't as big as they should be. I take her out with my mates 1 year old (same breed Saluki x) but she just wants to play with her. I feed her rabbits and when we catch one shes interested in the corpse like. I'd like to try droppers with her or do you think I should wait? Also how much food should she eat per day, do I still need her on puppy food?

Your on your other Account you Pratt... :laugh:

• Like 2

Your on your other Account you Pratt... :laugh:
No way never noticed that lol

Yes I realize I was on my friends account as i explained earlier thanks she needs to learn the basics first I cant do too much at once with her Ill try and get a pic up of the little tyke.

banned both you and your imaginary friend :thumbs:

Yes I realize I was on my friends account as i explained earlier thanks she needs to learn the basics first I cant do too much at once with her Ill try and get a pic up of the little tyke.

banned both you and your imaginary friend :thumbs:

i wish i had an imaginary friend :cray: to come on here and talk bollox with :D

• Like 2